Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shaun-c

Treating rust and corrosion

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

im a new member to the forums and i have jus bought my first FORD FIESTA m-reg MK3.

I picked up this car for very cheap as its got a few problems and isnt in as good as shape as it could be, but this is one reason i bought it as its my second car and i want to spend time on it to get it in shape and then hopefully start to modify it.....

So here's the first problem i need help with....

There is some rust which has now got to the point of slightly corroding the front and back panels underneath the bumpers. So i know i need to fill the holes and hopefully treat the rust somehow before priming, re-painting, etc.

I have been advised to buy some "Isopon P40 fibre glass" http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/userimages/p40a.jpg.

But was wondering if any1 else knows the best things to use or has had experience doing this before?

THANX ;)

:blink: anyone?

lol

one tipis to make sure ALL rust is removed as it Will come back,,, Id either,,, treat it with chemical rust killer,,, sandblast it off to bare metal with a diy kit, or cut it out and weld in a repair panel,, hope this helps