Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync And Usb Problems??

ryancorf

I've had a go at putting a decent collection of music from my PC onto a USB.

It will work with most of my music, but there are some songs/albums which aren't listed under tracks/albums/artists, but if I browse the USB manually, they are there, and I can play them.. it's just not indexing them.. I think?

The only thing i can think of that could be wrong are the ID tags on the MP3 files themselves are in the wrong format/version?

can anyone shed any light on this for me please? :)

:ph34r:

It does sound like a problem with it reading the tags. The only ones which I had to make changes to where the car didn't pick them up were ones that had huge album art embedded (over 1mb and a very high resolution, even my pc took a while reading the tags!). After removing this the car found them fine. Have a look at the tag versions on your pc for the suspect files to see if they are different to the rest (and check for large album art!). Also, if you do find something amiss and correct it you will probably need to use the 'reset usb' option in the sync menu to make it reindex everything. It's clever enough to notice the addition of files itself without needing to be reset, but when the content of a file changes (ie by changing the tag) it doesn't detect it.

It does sound like a problem with it reading the tags. The only ones which I had to make changes to where the car didn't pick them up were ones that had huge album art embedded (over 1mb and a very high resolution, even my pc took a while reading the tags!). After removing this the car found them fine. Have a look at the tag versions on your pc for the suspect files to see if they are different to the rest (and check for large album art!). Also, if you do find something amiss and correct it you will probably need to use the 'reset usb' option in the sync menu to make it reindex everything. It's clever enough to notice the addition of files itself without needing to be reset, but when the content of a file changes (ie by changing the tag) it doesn't detect it.

Thanks, this was a great help! :) I changed my album artwork on everything and it picked it all up straight away! - I spent ages racking my brain, analysing and comparing all of my ID3 tags on ones that worked and ones that didn't, and could not find any differences, because they were all the right tag version, so I never thought to check the artwork!

so, Thanks! :D

Awesome, glad it worked for you!

• 7 months later...

I also had problems with a compilation folder containing 850 tracks and receiving a "bad track" error messages. I checked every track on a MP3 checker and deleted a couple of bad tracks but the problem remained. I deleted all tags and artwork except Title, Album, Artist and Track and still received the same error. Then I noticed in Ford Sync USB options "Genre" so I included that tag on all tracks and todate the compilation is working. Maybe a coincidence but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club