Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough Little Fiesta

keefsaund

Just posting this in recognition of my 2003 Fiesta 'Black' which was sideswiped by a very large (foreign) lorry + trailer last week and written off (on grounds of repair costs).
Despite having the whole nearside re-modeled and being bounced all over the A3 for what seemed like ages, this little motor was still perfectly driveable.
Unfortunately it's now gone to the big scrapyard in the sky (perhaps) and I've upgraded to a very low mileage Focus Ghia.
So, well done Ford for building a car tougher than it looks.
Note to European lorry drivers, the phrase " I sit on the left so cannot see anything on the right" is not a valid defence.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that! What year is your new Focus?

bleedin hell, thats a terrible excuse for a start! I bet it was a difficult moment! I think laying bricks in the drivers seat is most likely the minimum of what I would have done!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.
Didn't have time to lay bricks and to be honest I really don't know how i managed to pull the car straight and get out of his way.
However, the subsequent exchange was as amicable as it could have been and full marks to Aviva for sorting out everything quicker than I could have expected.
As for the new Focus it's a 2005. Had a 2009 diesel model when I was still working ( company motor) and would have liked another diesel but in the price bracket I could afford they were all very high mileage.
So, settled for a petrol version; only 46K and very clean.
Just need to avoid duels with big German lorries. :-)

duelling lorries never works, german or otherwise!

I saw a video clip of another member on this forum who had a similar experience. one minute his car was pointing the right way down a motorway, the next minute, he was being pushed along the motorway looking over the edge of a bridge.

Another eason why I believe lorries should be pulled off the roads!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club