Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheels Not Fit For The Uk Market

Colinwgrace

During the MOT of my 2008 Fiesta with 44,000 miles on the clock I was advised to replace all four alloy wheels. They had buckled under normal UK driving conditions!

I paid £493 with my Ford employee discount but Ford refused to supply FOC or make a contribution towards the cost

I am equally concerned about driving a car with sub standard alloy wheels which are made of a weak alloy material and can cause safety problems

Am I alone?

No your not alone. Plenty on here about the the alloys. The latest facelift no longer use the old style alloys. Ford are aware of the weakness but i cant recall anyone getting any joy from them.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ford+owners+club+fiesta+weak+alloys+site:www.fordownersclub.com&num=30&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1AVSF_enGB574GB574&espv=2

Went through 7 on my last Fiesta, when I got rid it had 3 buckles.

Stef in Ford Customer service today called me to basically advise that Ford accept no responsibility for the four alloy wheels I had to replace on my Fiesta at 44000 miles. Judging by the feedback I had on the Fordownersclub forum this problem is not unique and on the new 2009 Fiesta model Ford change the alloy wheel spec. Clearly, they don't want to get involved in a recall to address safety concerns let alone pay owners some form of compensation. The customer service operation is merely a call logging service for Ford and they won't put in writing the reasons for not compensating owners - shameful Ford

Paid £493 after my 35% employee discount was taken off!!

here's the letter I sent to Ford Customer service

Date 10th June 2014

Ford Customer Relationship Manager,
Ford Motor Company,
P.O. Box 7597,
Daventry,
NN11 1DL

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Case Reference – 2-242240766 – Replacement of four alloy wheels on a Ford Fiesta (MW08 ZKG)

On the 9th June, had a conversation with your Customer service Representative ‘ Stef’ who informed me that Ford UK were unable to offer me any compensation to cover the cost of £493 incurred when all four alloy wheels were replaced and new allow wheels supplied by Polar Ford, Warrington. The reason given on the telephone call was that ‘the car was substantially out of warranty’. When I asked Stef to put this is writing she refused and advised me to write to the Operations Executive if I was unhappy with the service provided

Listed below are my complaints:

1. The Ford UK Customer Service function is merely acting a call processing service and provides no assistance to owners. At the very least a written explanation should be provided for all decisions about post warranty claims

2. Ford UK are refusing to accept any responsibility for an unacceptable situation were four alloy wheels have been found to be buckled and a safety problem on a Ford Fiesta ( with only 44,000 miles on the clock) bought from new by a Ford Employee

3. Polar Ford Parts Department advised me this is a highly usual situation and there average sales on this part F1448059 is only one per month. Meanwhile, Auto Express exposed the problem of defective Fiesta alloy wheels in August 2012 http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/59731/watchdog-fiesta-alloys. Who is right?

4. I have paid £493 with a 35% employee discount) for alloy wheels which I would not expect to replace in the life time of a vehicle. I have been a loyal customer of Fords for 35 years have never experience a problem of alloy wheels buckling under normal UK road conditions. The car is used for local driving only. My concern now is how long will the replacement alloy wheels last?

I look forward to receiving your responses to the above complaints

Regards

Colin Grace

Went through 7 on my last Fiesta, when I got rid it had 3 buckles.

:o :o