Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater blowing hot

alexb123

Hi All,

I have been reading that a lot of people have problems with the KA heater always blowing hot even when on cold. I have the same problem however, most of the time the heater works fine and then goes hot for 5 or 10 mins then it goes back to normal. Even today I did a 4 hour round trip with no problems at all. Does anyone know what this is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

EW

• 1 month later...

I wouldnt worry mine does this all the time, sometimes I think it's gonna go on fire lol.

its a commonb problem for the heater controlle valve to play up.

• 2 months later...
its a commonb problem for the heater controlle valve to play up.

Hi - we just bought our daughter a 54 plate Sublime and we are aving the same problem. I rang my local ford and as soon as I said what the problem was they said 'Heating COntrol Valve' and quoted approx £127 all in, does anyone know what kind of price is a reasonable amount to pay please?

Lou

Hi - we just bought our daughter a 54 plate Sublime and we are aving the same problem. I rang my local ford and as soon as I said what the problem was they said 'Heating COntrol Valve' and quoted approx £127 all in, does anyone know what kind of price is a reasonable amount to pay please?

Lou

When I had this problem in my 05 plate Ka Collection I was quoted £175 to fix it, so yours seems reasonable to me!

When I had this problem in my 05 plate Ka Collection I was quoted £175 to fix it, so yours seems reasonable to me!

I know were taiking about a ka here when i got mine replaced on my mk5 fiesta i paid £70 all in i would'nt go 2 fords they are a rip off

You can buy the part from Ford for less then £40, I wouldn't buy off eBay because you might get one of the old parts, Ford have fixed the problem that causes the heater to get stuck in newer versions.

I fitted it myself and took about a hour and a half, most of this was trying to figure out how to get to the valve as it was the first time I'd taken the Ka to bits. I'm not a mechanic.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/ka_heater_valve_277/ - £26.55

You can buy the part from Ford for less then £40, I wouldn't buy off ebay because you might get one of the old parts, Ford have fixed the problem that causes the heater to get stuck in newer versions.

I fitted it myself and took about a hour and a half, most of this was trying to figure out how to get to the valve as it was the first time I'd taken the Ka to bits. I'm not a mechanic.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/ka_heater_valve_277/ - £26.55

Hi - thanks for all your advice, I have rung a couple of local garages and the quotes are getting better @ £95 and £100. I guess in a recession businesses are willing to negotiate.

• 4 years later...

Lou

Never Ever go to a ford dealer for problems with your car they wll always charge you over the odds for parts and labour. Any local mechanic can elp you with anything and can charge you less than half a ford dealer will

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem and was fixed with a part costing £30 and labour at £25. In my opinion do not ever under any circumstances go to Ford for your car problems. Apart from the rip-off in prices, they actually damaged my car, hard top roof and the case it comes in. I was so angry because they were supposed to be sorting out a hard-top fixing kit issue and they did a full service which it didn't need (as the previous service was only done 2 months before) and tried to charge me £475 for the privalege. What's more they didn't fix the issue with the hard top which was a burnt wire for the heated rear screen. This was fixed by an car electrician costing me £40.

Best wishes

Sian-Marie