Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cuckoo Under Bonnet When Shut Down 1.6 Tdci

Fezzertit

I have a noise coming from engine bay and have no idea what is wrong.

Like it has a cuckoo when engine stops

1.6 tdci 2011 fiesta

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Are you sure you dont have a cuckoo bird in their? or a clock for that matter? I have heard of people clocking motors, but not cuckoo clocking them!

We really need some more info on this to be honest. Is it a repeated - cuckk-ooo - cuckk-oo - cuckk-oo? or is it a "cuckoo" and done, or a "cu-ck-oo" broken noise.

Basically when the engine shuts down many things happen. If the engine is mid DPF regeneration, the car will keep the fan on, so the electrics will stay on to the fan, as that shuts down it wil make a noise. Then, you have the rest of the CANBUS system. Sensors and subsystems will shut down almost immediately, others will have a few moments before this start to shut down. To explain this better. start your car after popping your bonnet, take the key out and stick your head near the fuse box. You will hear the noises I mean within a few minutes.

If its a repeated noise it could be something like a belt or a pulley, if its a single noise, it could be a certain system disengaging (perhaps the air con clutch / compressor seperating).

If you can get a soundbite up that would help a lot more, but right now, all I can here is a cuckoo bird going round and roung my head, as if to depict a moment from the Itchy and scratchy show!

Are you sure you dont have a cuckoo bird in their? or a clock for that matter? I have heard of people clocking motors, but not cuckoo clocking them!

We really need some more info on this to be honest. Is it a repeated - cuckk-ooo - cuckk-oo - cuckk-oo? or is it a "cuckoo" and done, or a "cu-ck-oo" broken noise.

lmao james haha, could not have said it better myself

• Like 1

hehe, it might come over jokey and sarcy (it was meant to be jokey, not so much the sarcy) but the point remains, if we can have more of an indication as to how the cuckoo noise sounds, it would definatey help, a soundbite would definatey help a lot more.

• 5 years later...

I have just started getting that EXACT NOISE on my 68 plate Ford Connect taxi. 

I've just rung Ford Commercials in town, and along with a service, I'm going to tell them to check it out!! 

Booked in 2nd April.... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club