Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Snapped

ebg1000

My 2010 cmax cambelt has snapped at 50k miles. Engine is knackered. It's got full ford service history. Has anybody come across this problem? Should I expect ford to cover the cost of repairs?

My 2010 cmax cambelt has snapped at 50k miles. Engine is knackered. It's got full ford service history. Has anybody come across this problem? Should I expect ford to cover the cost of repairs?

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your cambelt snapping so early!

I wouldn't expect ford to pay anything to be honest but you can try. Has the engine been stripped down to inspect the damage yet?

Agree with Stef, you could push for something but I would be extremely surprised if they offered little more than a discount on repair.

Your looking at over 1000 to get the damage repaired by Ford I suppose, but I would get to head office, 4 years and 50k miles is far too early for a belt to go, so clearly there was something there from factory. Get onto their head office, speak to them and their chief mechanics and see what you can do to get their support. If you have a full Ford service History, on time every year, to the book, then it will wade in your favour to getting a reduction.

Yes. Stripped down and a lot of damage including bent valves

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Bent valves is the minimum damage involved with a snapped cambelt to be honest, if it's only bent valves and no piston or pther damage then you are doing better than some!

In which case follow the case up with Ford, harass them day and night if you have to, and get their customer service at head office on your side. No one should have to pay out on such a new engine.

as a bove,at what age/mileage is it supposed to be changed?if it has full dealer service history then i would scream and shout also contact who ever you feel may help,like auto express etc to help you case.

Unfortunately though if this is a rare or isolated case then I would think they are very unlikely to budge on helping out with the repair cost

Agree with stef here, but I find the more firm you stand the more noise you make the more likely you are to persuade them to move

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Your out of manufactures warranty. 3 years or 60k miles... you wont get anything out of ford..maybe goodwill ( a % paid by them) but i doubt it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club