Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rev On Cold Start

AndiDote

Hey when i start the car for the first time, its starts strait away but then the idle very slightly moves up and down and makes my exhaust rattle slightly with the vibration.

If i blip the throttle, it settles down instantly. Is this normal? I'm getting it serviced on Friday so hope it'le solve the problem.

Ta

It sounds like you might have an Idle Control Valve issue, your best bet is to remove it and give it a thorough cleaning. the vibration I suspect is due to this, but it might be worth checking the engine and gearbox mounts for excessive wear.

• Like 1

Oh i hope not. I had continuous problems with my Saxo's ICV. If the mounts were loose, wouldn't it fail MOT? It's Just passed about a week and a half ago.

the car will idle up and down as it tries to find a balance the focus is designed for low idle emissions so the ecu constantly adjusts the idle and fueling if you were to see it on the dash display even if tge needle looks still its constantly between revs

• Like 1

It hopefully wont be as bad as the Saxo, but normally it just needs a quick clean (use electrical contact cleaner) and refit and it should be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club