Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Recharge

screamer

has anybody done this themselves?

just got a rough price and it was £65 exc vat

seen on Halfords a recharge can for £35 (plus a £10 recycling charge) and a dispenser trigger/gauge for £20

I would shop around. One of our local garages who we use for certain things, who are also a Bosch service centre charge around £55 including vat for an average car.

A proper service includes vacuuming the system of all gas and oil, then refilling it with the correct weight of gas/oil.

The Halfords stuff comes up on trade with the £10 return on the bottle if you can get someone to get you if?

• Like 1

cheers, there's not that many places around me that does it, i'll phone some places in dundee to get prices, but if there about the same, i may tackle it myself.

just seen a YT video of it, it's !Removed! easy looking, but as you say, you may need to get the correct can, just seen a reply and a guy says only use the leak prevention can if you have a leak, other words it may gunk up your system.

cheers, there's not that many places around me that does it, i'll phone some places in dundee to get prices, but if there about the same, i may tackle it myself.

just seen a YT video of it, it's !Removed! easy looking, but as you say, you may need to get the correct can, just seen a reply and a guy says only use the leak prevention can if you have a leak, other words it may gunk up your system.

Are you ever through to fife/kirkcaldy?

It is easy, but as I said before - done correctly aircon gas is measured in weight and not pressure. the refill that you can buy is done by pressure.

I wouldn't add the leak preventative either unless you need it

Are you ever through to fife/kirkcaldy?

It is easy, but as I said before - done correctly aircon gas is measured in weight and not pressure. the refill that you can buy is done by pressure.

I wouldn't add the leak preventative either unless you need it

i try not to lol (joking)

no, hardly ever down that direction, but the Bosch service centre, is that CB Autos?

Agree'd, garages around here have quoted me between £35 and £55. A mobile service quoted me about £45 to come to me and do the full job including all diagnostics?

i try not to lol (joking)

no, hardly ever down that direction, but the bosch service centre, is that CB Autos?

Yep that's the one. Colin, who owns the place prides himself in not selling junk! You won't get a cheap motor in there lol

Yep that's the one. Colin, who owns the place prides himself in not selling junk! You won't get a cheap motor in there lol

we had a look at a 1.4 diesel polo for my wife, think it was 57 reg??

nice car, nicely presented, and they mentioned about the place next door doing the work & being a Bosch service centre

ended up getting an 08 1.2 polo from glasgow for a good bit cheaper, runs well. got it's MOT on friday, so i'll see if it's been worth it or loads of work needing done lol

we had a look at a 1.4 diesel polo for my wife, think it was 57 reg??

nice car, nicely presented, and they mentioned about the place next door doing the work & being a Bosch service centre

ended up getting an 08 1.2 polo from glasgow for a good bit cheaper, runs well. got it's MOT on friday, so i'll see if it's been worth it or loads of work needing done lol

Yeah sounds like him. One of my mates dad does all his body shop work and things.

I'm sure you will do fine for the mot. Is that a 3 or 4 cylinder 1.2 you have? I know the 1.2 3 cylinder inside out I hate to say lol. I have done a few bushes and things on polos, probably the most common thing.

They are good cars though.

Aye, the 1.2, 3 cylinder

Its already had the wishbone bushes done about a month after we got it.

U gave it an oil/ filter, air & pollen filter change as soon as we got it, checked last month, oil still where it should be.

It will maybe need a back box, depends on the guy doing the MOT.

Aye, the 1.2, 3 cylinder

Its already had the wishbone bushes done about a month after we got it.

U gave it an oil/ filter, air & pollen filter change as soon as we got it, checked last month, oil still where it should be.

It will maybe need a back box, depends on the guy doing the MOT.

The bushes go on them for fun! Some replace them with the solid bushes but it does make it a bit stuff on the front.

I have got 2 wishbone bushes and anti roll bar bushes to do on one this weekend..

I priced up an exhaust for another one which needs done for mot too, £100 for parts from the manifold/cat back so they are not expensive for bits like that. Hopefully be doing that soon

Stupid question but what does the aircon recharge do and how do you know if it needs doing/how often does it need done

Mines is not blowing cold air when on its coldest setting, it was colder having the window down lol

Looks like it. Btw, the gauge/connector will only fit the correct pipe so don't worry you won't get the wrong one

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, an update,

got it done at a local garage, £45, vacuumed it out and recharged it, think he said it took 410ml???

anyway, he did mention that when sitting still, car running and the aircon on, the car never really went much colder, out on the road, it does get a lot colder.

just wondering if this is normal???

I would expect it to get cold even sitting still, that tell sme that the clutch is not engaging, or the compressor is not engaging properly?

It could be if ithasnt been used properly in a while that it was stuck, in which case the drive may have shook it loose, but I would say keep an eye on it!

410 grams I would think.

Is the radiator cooling fan running when your idle?

I would expect it to get cold even sitting still, that tell sme that the clutch is not engaging, or the compressor is not engaging properly?

It could be if ithasnt been used properly in a while that it was stuck, in which case the drive may have shook it loose, but I would say keep an eye on it!

i'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes

410 grams I would think.

Is the radiator cooling fan running when your idle?

i'll need to check, i've also an aircon bomb to do, so i'll check when thats working

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club