Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Blind Spot Mirror

mixmasterlooney

Right gents and girlies i'm after a good quality blind spot mirror, i purchased a cheapo set on eBay, it was awfully disappointing, some sort of chrome reflection, looked decent up close but from the drivers seat it was blurry and flat

Does anyone have any experience with blind spot mirrors and or can recommend or suggest any advice on what to look out for.

I always found the blind spot mirrors on learner cars to look rather smart and i saw a police BMW X5 today with something that looks like this

$(KGrHqF,!hsE5hgujQB4BO,Is4sWTg~~60_35.J

Looks smart and professional, is it possible to purchase blind spot mirrors made of actual glass?

I must be getting old or something because i have an overwhelming need to do something about my car blind spot it's been bugging me ever since i had the focus where i found an entire lorry and it's trailer completely disappeared right beside me on a slip road, i looked over my shoulder with absolute shock

So i would really appreciate the input

• Like 1

you can buy them, I cant recal where I last saw them but they are definately available.

• Like 1

My dad used to be a driving instructor and always had the ones like in your picture for the passenger side. He got through quite a few over the years as they sometimes get blown off at higher speeds, and would often get dislodged by brushing through bushes on narrow country lanes etc. I don't recall if they were glass or not, but were decent quality. He used to get them in places like Halfords or motorworld, nowhere special really!

• Like 1

I tended to just use a bug eye mirror.

• Like 1

Police traffic cars usually have a second wing mirror fitted on the near side so the passenger can see behind him properly as well as the driver having a better angle for direcltl to his nearside corner.

Something like these are better as you have a wider view-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Adjustable-Car-Van-Blind-Spot-Blindspot-Towing-Reversing-Driving-Mirror-/290795019675?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b4bbdd9b

• Like 1

Yeah clive it was indeed on the passenger side. I will have to check halfaurds tomo and see what I can get. Not sure about the eBay one though clive it's a bit large but aerodynamic.

Convex view is what I'm after

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Oh yes the first one!! Exactly like that but actual glass.

Will purchase if I can't find better at Halfords.

With the increase of cyclists on the road I'm hoping it will make a big difference for me

Oh yes the first one!! Exactly like that but actual glass.

Will purchase if I can't find better at halfords.

With the increase of cyclists on the road I'm hoping it will make a big difference for me

A couple of old tyres fastened down the side of the car will make a big difference too with cyclist. It will save your paint getting scratched when you run them off the road :lol:

• Like 2

Funny you've said that because last sunday a cyclist clipped my passenger side wing mirror folding it forward, he didn't even stop, I almost went into Clarkson mode and run him over on the pavement :lol:

thats the problem for and with cyclists.

they can easily get away after doing damage and there is little the driver can do

• Like 1

All too true although I would really feel bad if insurance is required to ride a bike lol

there should be some openness with it, a really cheap policy just in case you take your bike down the side of a car. tenner a year or something, could be an easy game for the insurers!

Weird they didn't come as standard tbh on the cars built in the last decade. When I was in NYC the Ford Taurus I drove had this great BSD system with and LED indicator built into the wing mirrors which would light up every time something was in your blindspot as well as an audible chime.

Also these should be standard on all cars tbh or similar:

maybe its the next big DIY job for someone :p

• Like 1

maybe its the next big DIY job for someone :P

LOL I sense a new guide in the works

That's pretty awesome I wonder if it coukd be retrofitted to a uk focus

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club