Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Emotional Attachment To A Vehicle

jmurray01

I was just wondering how many people out there get as emotionally attached to vehicles as I do?

Don't get me wrong, if a car is wholly unreliable and all-in-all a terrible purchase I will have no regrets in getting rid of it, but if a car starts every morning and requires minimal repairs for a long period of time, it will gain my respect and I will become emotionally attached to it.

This happened with our old Ford Fiesta (as seen in my avatar and signature - I cannot bring myself to remove it and doubt I ever will) and when push came to shove and we had no choice but to sell it last year when the MOT failed on over £400 worth of repairs, I felt a great sense of loss for a long time. Even to this day I still have fond memories of that car and swear that I will buy it back someday when I am in a financial situation to do so and, of course, if I can track it down.

I hope I am not alone here, but fear I may be!!

I do, I give it a name and it becomes part of the family, I feel its pain and something so small can seriously make me feel l ike I just kicked my child.

I certainly do. As Jeremy Clarkson said, machines have souls. He was dead right. My Mk 1 Focus will be up for sale soon to be replace with a 2.5. I feel like i'm cheating on it!

It has give me no issues at all in the 7 years I've had her and she is high up in my emotional attachment. As Jeebo says, I feel it if something isn't right. It makes me rage as well when she gets mistreated by some careless knob.

I want to massacre the fool who keyed my car and now I'm trying to repaint sand and polish it and guttered that I can't make it as it was before...

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Mine has been keyed, reversed into, driven into, scrapped against, !Removed! on. All have left me wanting to hospitalise those responsible. I know who did the reversing in to bit. They got rid of the car before I could prove it and attack it with brake fluid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club