Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trailing Arm Bushes Seized 1999 Fiesta

Jaynie91

Hello,

Just a quick question if anyone has any ideas, we are trying to replace the trailing arm bushes on my 1999 Fiesta however it would seem that nothing has been changed on my car since it came out the showroom as most things take a lot of brute force to get out. We don't have a bush puller or whatever it is called and going by the Haynes guide has helped us get to the stage of taking out the bushes but it would appear that one bolt had seized, which we have managed to get out to drop the axel, however now the bushes appear to be seized in the axel. Any ideas how we can get them out?

I have seen one step by step online with seized ones where they used a hacksaw to cut through everything then used the bush puller to pull the bush out, however we do not have one and they appear to be really stuck in there, so really any ideas on how to get them out, I have managed to cut nearly through one of them but with another one to go, any advise would be great.

Thanks

Jaynie

Can you post a picture up?

There are various ways of removing them but it depends on what you are dealing with

This is the drivers side, the passenger side doesn't have anything in the middle now, the rubber has come out.

post-53987-0-64792600-1402507476_thumb.j

can you get access to the other side of that bush?

Yes, this.photo.is from under the car, it is raised up.

By the way, the one missing the centre.we have managed to get out not, i had to cut it with the hacksaw, then with a hammer and large screwdriver, prise it from underneath to bend it then it.suddenly.shot.out.whilst hitting it

Probably best just taking a hacksaw to it like your doing. Do they have a metal sleeve around them too to just rubber?

Yes, there is a metal sleeve is you mean the part that the rubber attaches to, it seems to be that badly seized you can hardly tell what is the car and what is the bush

Yes, there is a metal sleeve is you mean the part that the rubber attaches to, it seems to be that badly seized you can hardly tell what is the car and what is the bush

Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking.

Well getting the rubber part removed was the easy bit..

If you were closer I would be more than happy to lend you a kit for removing the sleeve part.

Your going to need some sort of puller and a heavy duty one to remove those sleeves!

So you know, after cutting through it, we managed to remove it without remoing the rubber, it must have loosened the sleeve enough as after our method of the screwdriver and the hammer, it started to slide out with every hit, rather than the other side where it shot out.

Now just the fund part of getting the new ones in :) (and everything else for the MOT, the joys :) )

So you know, after cutting through it, we managed to remove it without remoing the rubber, it must have loosened the sleeve enough as after our method of the screwdriver and the hammer, it started to slide out with every hit, rather than the other side where it shot out.

Now just the fund part of getting the new ones in :) (and everything else for the MOT, the joys :) )

If you managed to get those out the new ones will be a walk on the park :lol: a giant G clamp would do if you can get your hands on one? Failing that some thread bar and big sockets..

How would we go about putting it in with a g clamp? Just want to be sure to get them in as quick as and dont want.to do it wrong and cause damage.

Thank

How would we go about putting it in with a g clamp? Just want to be sure to get them in as quick as and dont want.to do it wrong and cause damage.

Thank

You will need 2 thick bits of steel plate to put either side of the bush and then just tighten it up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club