Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi Everyone! Help Needed Please.

cookestar14

Hi all I'm new to all this and was wondering if someone could help. I recently bought a 2013 focus 1.0 ecoboost and noticed that it only revs to 4000rpm when parked? It revs fine when driving just wondered if this is normal or is it a problem? Thanks

Welcome to the family!

The fiesta isnt my strong point, so I cant advise specifically, however, it doesnt sound right to me?

Yeh mines the 125 fiesta ecoboost which Is the same engine and I'm sure mine does that too, nothing to worry about :) il double check for you later when I nip out.

It's a safety feature I think, to stop you redlining when not moving with no cold air feed etc

given the events of late where some muppet set fire to his car in the car park, its a good idea that they put a feature like that in!

(for anyone who may have missed it: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/50294-focus-on-fire-at-paul-walker-memorial-meet/)

They probli seen that video and thought best make a safety feature.

Il check when I go out later and let you know for certain

Can confirm it limits itself to 4000, mine got to 4200 and bounced back and wouldn't go anymore foot to the floor. Felt weird.

Hahaa no worries, just have to redline it in 2nd (it's much more fun). Safely and sensibly ofcourse ;)

a useful feature, it does make sense, but I havent heard of it - I suppose that would be due to a limited number of people wanting to test such a feature?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club