Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screen Wash Pump/bottle

paulsto

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to remove/replace the screen wash bottle/pump on my 2008 S max. I've checked the fuse which is ok so now need to check the pump but it seems to be hidden away. I've removed the near side headlight but still not sure.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

I know on the focus its behind the wheel arch liner. You may find its similar on the SMAX. Whichever side the bottle filler is, perhaps just remove the liner as a precaution to get a better view!

this any good?

eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_unit&s_id_grp=1248860&s_id_model=118

Sadly not, however, given that the SMAX is based on the Mondeo....

My Mondeo Haynes for the MK4 says you need to remove the bumper on left hand side, the retaining bolt on the filler neck needs removing and the PCM needs taking out. All wiring plugs need disconnecting, along with the washer pump and fluid level sensor. The retaining bilts need undoing and then it can be removed.

I am not sure if that is the case with the SMAX, but I wouldnt expect it to be too far off.

Thanks Guys

looks like a job for the weekend. expect the bumper will be a pain to get off.

Thanks again

I would suggest that before you do go taking it off, buy yourself an SMAX haynes manual. You might find that although the SMAX is the fat boy brother of the mondy, that it has a seperate means of getting at the pump. Haynes will be best placed to tell you though.

There isn't an S-Max/gGalaxy Haynes manual out yet.

I have a facelift S-max. Access to the washer bottle/pump/sensor is gained by removing the bumper, as it's tucked away NS below and out of sight/reach.

The pump is removed in situ simply by disconnecting the wiring and hose and pulling it out from the rubber grommet/seal, ditto with the sensor.

I'm guessing the pre-facelift may have a similar arrangement.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Haynes do not produce a manual for the S max or I would have one by now.

Thanks Chris. Seems the best bet up to now. Is the bumper difficult to remove?

Sorry, Paul... I know the facelift bumper is a nightmare to remove lol, but I haven't a clue about the pre-facelift.

Perhaps other members might be able to clue you in on this.

If I get a chance later on, I might see what the Haynes says about the MK4 mondy bumper removal and share the info to see if its identical to the SMAX.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club