Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A high mileage life?

Purdy fpv

Hi

I just wanted some advice on my situation.

I was made redundant a few weeks back. I worked for a steel company. I have since found another job. but its a lot further away form home than my last one was.

I am worried about how my Puma is going to cope with this change. I am worried that she will be too expensive to fuel and as she is built for performance, How will the engine will cope with a high mileage life?

If I did have to sell her (witch I don't want to do!!!!!) The Fords in my price range with similar performance and may be cheaper to run are a mark 1 1.8l TDCI Focus or a mark 5 Fiesta Zetec-s TDCI.

What do you all think?

Sorry to hear about you losing your job! But congratulations on your new job! The car will be fine! engines like long drives its better for them and stay @ 70mph or under, 56mph for best result and fuel will be better than you think! Stick with it for now, give it a month or so and see how you and the car feel then make a decision on what to do!! Good luck, Drive Safe

My mate has a diesel zetec-s, very nice car. Built for the motorway yet still has plenty of guts about it for when hes bored :lol:

He recons he can get 60+ mpg with it with normal driving, drops down to bout half that if hes being a t*t tho. Lol

When he bought it (06 - 56 plate a think) it had 50 odd thousand miles on it and was still in very good nick

Sorry to hear about you losing your job! But congratulations on your new job! The car will be fine! engines like long drives its better for them and stay @ 70mph or under, 56mph for best result and fuel will be better than you think! Stick with it for now, give it a month or so and see how you and the car feel then make a decision on what to do!! Good luck, Drive Safe

Thank you :rolleyes:

Your right its best to give it some time, before I make any snap decisions.

You see

I looked at a fiesta TDCI before I brought the Puma. But the Puma is a much better drive. So I guess that I am wondering if I made the right choise.