#1 Purdy fpv

Purdy fpv

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Ford Model: Puma 1.7 VCT

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hi
I just wanted some advice on my situation.
I was made redundant a few weeks back. I worked for a steel company. I have since found another job. but its a lot further away form home than my last one was.

I am worried about how my Puma is going to cope with this change. I am worried that she will be too expensive to fuel and as she is built for performance, How will the engine will cope with a high mileage life?

If I did have to sell her (witch I don't want to do!!!!!) The Fords in my price range with similar performance and may be cheaper to run are a mark 1 1.8l TDCI Focus or a mark 5 Fiesta Zetec-s TDCI.

What do you all think?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 madmanwayne

madmanwayne

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Ford Model: Galaxy 2.8 V6 Ghia / pug 106xnd

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

Sorry to hear about you losing your job! But congratulations on your new job! The car will be fine! engines like long drives its better for them and stay @ 70mph or under, 56mph for best result and fuel will be better than you think! Stick with it for now, give it a month or so and see how you and the car feel then make a decision on what to do!! Good luck, Drive Safe

#3 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

My mate has a diesel zetec-s, very nice car. Built for the motorway yet still has plenty of guts about it for when hes bored :lol:

He recons he can get 60+ mpg with it with normal driving, drops down to bout half that if hes being a t*t tho. Lol

When he bought it (06 - 56 plate a think) it had 50 odd thousand miles on it and was still in very good nick

#4 Purdy fpv

Purdy fpv

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Sorry to hear about you losing your job! But congratulations on your new job! The car will be fine! engines like long drives its better for them and stay @ 70mph or under, 56mph for best result and fuel will be better than you think! Stick with it for now, give it a month or so and see how you and the car feel then make a decision on what to do!! Good luck, Drive Safe

Thank you :rolleyes:
Your right its best to give it some time, before I make any snap decisions.

#5 Purdy fpv

Purdy fpv

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

You see
I looked at a fiesta TDCI before I brought the Puma. But the Puma is a much better drive. So I guess that I am wondering if I made the right choise.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users