Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

This Is Why You Should Get Your Alignment Checked!

jmurray01

A couple of weeks ago I decided to finally get rid of that old tyre I had in the spare tyre well of the Focus as it was in no condition to be used (it had previously been fitted to the front N/S before being removed as it failed the MOT because of tread wear), and decided to take some pictures of it to show as an extreme example of what happens when your alignment is out!

Please see below - it is a miracle that the tyre didn't blow out and also that the MOT expired when it did as I would never have looked closely enough to see that wear otherwise (I know, that was my negligence).

post-15085-0-29639700-1402610579_thumb.j

post-15085-0-73726400-1402610596_thumb.j

post-15085-0-17887100-1402610612_thumb.j

post-15085-0-97978000-1402610624_thumb.j

i had one like that on my zr the once, tracking was way out tbh lol

ouch, full blown cord presence!

That wouldnt be accepted by a coppa! good job you got it caught when you did!

ouch, full blown cord presence!

That wouldnt be accepted by a coppa! good job you got it caught when you did!

Indeed! Not only is there cord presence though, but there is also metal(?) coming through the rubber as well. I'm pretty sure that tyre was less than 100 miles away from tearing itself apart.

Maybe there is a God!!

Minor.

Had worse. I like to get my money's worth lol.

Nah seriously it's something you should be checking visually once a month, just to make sure there is no uneven tyre wear.

Nother 1000 miles on them lol

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

deffo points and a fine there... what was the other side like?

It's really important to do basic checks on your vehicle at least once a week, this could have been spotted a long time ago, i generally always take a look at my car as i walk up to it everyday and i check tyres with a minimum of once a week and always after hitting a pothole once i stop, i then do an all round check and if i'm doing any kind of mods on the car over the weekend, perfect time to check oil level and all other fluid levels, have a look around the engine for any leaks.

You don't have to be a Tech to see something just isn't right.

Thankfully you did not have a blowout that would have really shaken you up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club