Do Not Sell My Personal Information

max speed ?

mitch84

hi

ive been looking at the specs of the fiesta 1.4tdi zetec and it says the max speed is 101mph ? , does this seem a little low for a 1.4tdi , im not worried because i will never go that fast but i have a citroen c2 1.1 petrol which has a max speed of 98mph?

cheers

I have a 2004 1.4 TDCi, and my speed clock goes up to about 130mph lol, although I know the engine isn't capable of that.

I have hit 112 mph in mine, but that was at max revs in 5th gear.

I don't know how much the engine has improved, but I love the 1.4 engine, it feels quick off the line, even though the official stats are 16 seconds, I drive everywhere, town, dual carriageways, motorways. Offers fantastic economy, and the £35 / year road tax which always puts a smile on my face every May :lol:

I have a 2004 1.4 TDCi, and my speed clock goes up to about 130mph lol, although I know the engine isn't capable of that.

I have hit 112 mph in mine, but that was at max revs in 5th gear.

I don't know how much the engine has improved, but I love the 1.4 engine, it feels quick off the line, even though the official stats are 16 seconds, I drive everywhere, town, dual carriageways, motorways. Offers fantastic economy, and the £35 / year road tax which always puts a smile on my face every May :lol:

thanks , im never going to do that sort of speed but it's just nice to know what its capable of :lol: i would of thought it would do more than 101mph

thanks , im never going to do that sort of speed but it's just nice to know what its capable of :lol: i would of thought it would do more than 101mph

I got 110mph from my 1.4 TDCi with a K&N panel filter and BP Ultimate fuel when it was younger. 90000 miles later and while the old girl can still pull like a train, I don't go over 70mph

Anyone achieved 120 out of the 1.6 petrol engined one - not that I am an outright speed freak and would never exceed 70mph anywhere on the British highway of course

For those that think i'm some kind of speeding criminal, I didn't achieve the speed of 112 on a public road, and don't usually go at such speeds.

• 5 months later...
Anyone achieved 120 out of the 1.6 petrol engined one - not that I am an outright speed freak and would never exceed 70mph anywhere on the British highway of course

I can confirm that I have achieved 120 mph from my 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium. It was a couple of months back and it was on the motorway in Germany where it is legal. The tomtom (which is highly precise as it uses the same GPS that the military use) showed 121 before I started to slow down again, the dash speedo was showing around 125-127 there abouts

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club