Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Stereo With Usb Problems

Hlf2507

Hi all

I have recently bought a 2nd hand 2012

Fiesta Edge. I am very happy with the car so far except for a minor problem which I wondered if anyone can help with. The car has a USB connection (without Bluetooth) and when I first started using the stereo I could control the stereo through the controls on the dashboard on the car. I could select playlists by clicking back.. Scroll through songs etc. a few weeks later this stopped working. I found some suggestions online to re set the stereo by disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes. I did this and it worked for a few days afterwards.. Then went back to usual. It just plays all songs and won't let me control via car stereo, also sometimes skipping songs.

I took the car to my local ford dealer who re set the stereo.. Again this solved the problem for a day or so and then when back to not working. I just wondered whether anyone has experienced any similar problems or have any idea what it may be. I have heard it may require a stereo update.. I do not think this was done when I took it to the garage. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would very much appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Hannah

Hi

No I haven't.. Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks

Is it the 6000CD?

Hi. Sorry I am really not sure.. It's the one that comes with a fiesta edge 2012 plate? Do you know how I can check? Thanks

Something like this may help you

My bad, I just googled and copied the link, does the link not provide additional downloads though?

Hi

Thanks - I did try this but think it may be for bluetooth models. Can't seem to find any updates for the USB models.

Best bet is to speak to the dealer

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club