- - - - -

Xenon Bulbs - Are they worth it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Matt M

Matt M

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta LX 1.4 TDCi (2004)
Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

I'm considering getting a HID kit for my fiesta, which will give me xenon bulbs instead of halogen. Just wondering, are they actually worth it and do they make much of a difference?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

HID kits are illegal on UK roads, and i will never recommend them to anybody. :)

#3 mark.b

mark.b

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk4 1.25 zetec
Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

i have looked into this a couple of times , what i have found is the vehicle must have auto levelling headlights (sensors on the suspension) and washers on the headlights , as for the law they are illegal in the uk but legal in the eu as were part of the eu i dont see how you cant use them ,plus i have read lots of posts on different forums that state they drive around without a problem and always pass the mot ,you will be amazed at the differance in light with them i myself if i had the money would fit them , were are you getting them from , keep us updated if you fit them

#4 JohnP

JohnP

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk4 1.25 zetec

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:49 PM

a friend of mine offer me a HID kit for 60 the other day, thats factory price i think because he knows someone who works there. i declined though a) cos i'm not wasting loads of cash on my car and B) i'm not sure if they are legal.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users