Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super White Bulbs

Will-MK7

Hi everyone!

I would like to upgrade my bulbs to super white ones.

But the ones I like are illegal I think (Philips and osram) as these do look the best.

But I would like some brighter bulbs that are legal if anyone has any recommendations?

Many Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

in my zr i had 50w rally bulbs, with them pointed down slightly so not to dazzle people, went through 2-3 mots without a problem, 100w rally bulbs are meant to be be similar to HIDS from what i hear, but the light pattern is the same as normal bulbs.

If you want to stay legal your best options are either Philips diamond white or osram hyper blues

Thank you guys, great help!

:)

Are these any good? Or should I just get the better make bulbs instead?

eBay Item Number:230414007341

Or

Or

Thanks guys :)

It really depends what your after.. They osram ones will be brighter but more yellow and the Philips are also bright but a nice white but both are legal. I've literally spend hundreds on bulbs and finally ended up with HIDs, although they won't pass an MOT as long as there not to high a kelvin you won't get pulled as the fiesta projectors don't blind people.

Cheers again mark, I will probably just start of with the osram bulbs and see how I get on, if I want brighter I will just get hids like you haha :)

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you want something that puts out a lot of light, I'd say Philip Extremevision or Osram Nightbreaker Plus (I personally use the latter)

They're not blue, they just light up the road very well.

Also I'd personally stay clear of HID sets - most aftermarket sets end up sending most of the light upwards (away from the road) leaving you with less vision than the stock bulbs. (Not saying M4RC's kit does this, just saying many do - this is also why they're illegal)

If you want something that puts out a lot of light, I'd say Philip Extremevision or Osram Nightbreaker Plus (I personally use the latter)

Also I'd personally stay clear of HID sets - most aftermarket sets end up sending most of the light upwards (away from the road) leaving you with less vision than the stock bulbs. (Not saying M4RC's kit does this, just saying many do - this is also why they're illegal)

Ok mate, thank you for the advice :) I will probably just go with the osram bulbs

Ok mate, thank you for the advice :) I will probably just go with the osram bulbs

Why not just get the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited? I think their Osram's best nightbreakers, I personally use them myself and they light up the the road very well.

I've got a video on youtube showing what it looks like from the front and what it looks like when driving although my left side beam is dipped far too low in the video.

Yeah they are the bulbs I was going for the night breakers, as most people do recommend them!

Thanks again :)

With halogen's Ive found nightbreaker unlimiteds give the brightest best light on the road, but osram blue hypers look the best and are crisp white.

Philips Diamond Visions are actually illegal in the EU ( says on the packet ) Unsure on Osram Ultimates.

yup they are illegal, 4200 or 4300k is the legal limit, diamond and hypers are 5000k.

Ok thanks guys, I did see that the Philips ones did say they were illegal

For the sidelights & number plate light what bulbs do you recommend to get? I know they are 501 capless & for the main beam should I get the osram night breakers to match the dipped beam?

Thank you!

Here is my video of the Osram Unlimited on my MK6.5 if you wanted to see what they looked like. ;)

Cheers mate, I will just get the night breakers! Have a nice blue tint to them!

Cheers mate, I will just get the night breakers! Have a nice blue tint to them!

Np, but i wouldn't say these exactly have a blue tint to them, they are more of a white colour. You should also try the 'Phillips X-Treme Vision' as I heard their more whiter but do not throw as much light out.

Np, but i wouldn't say these exactly have a blue tint to them, they are more of a white colour. You should also try the 'Phillips X-Treme Vision' as I heard their more whiter but do not throw as much light out.

Yeah I had a look last night on eBay at some night breaker bulbs for main and dipped beam. Most people recommend these bulbs as well as they are road legal which is what I want.

Thanks for the vid though mate :)