• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Ken
  • Ford Model: Fusion
  • Year: 2004

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hello again.

just thought I would pass this on. It may or may not be usefull.

I have a motorcycle, 15 years old and in good condition. Every year I put it away for the winter. Before putting it to bed I clean and lub it up. Then I cover the bike ( not the brakes etc!!) with ACF50. As stated the bike is 15 years old and looks in better condition than some newer bikes. 

OK to the point - I make sure I coat all the electrical cables and connections. I have done this to my focus engine bay aswell, and in my ownership neither has had an electrical problem. OK I appreciate I could be lucky, but ACF50 is a water repellent. It is supposed to protect for a year, and I feel more confident with it than say WD40. 

I cannot guarantee that the ACF50 has worked but for a £10 tin it cannot hurt. 

With the car I just sprayed it liberally over most of the bay. Obviously concentrating on the electrical parts. The product is suppose to coat the items and form a seal. Any on the engine or hotter parts just burns off. However, it does still protect these areas. ( Note the spray does smoke a bit until it burns away, if you try it, well ventilated area required! :-) ) 

Prevention is sometimes better than a cure. 

hope this is useful. 

Regards

MM

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Musicman0311

Musicman0311

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Ken
  • Ford Model: Fusion
  • Year: 2004

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Missed a bit! 

ACF50 is a corrosion inhibitor and also it states it can reverse minor corrosion too. This makes it great for protecting those small electrical connection etc. 

TTFN  :-)

MM

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users