Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Sony Radio Problem

smngry

Ok, this may be a weird one but it's gonna drive me insane.

My girlfriend "accidentally" left the car unlocked, and the keys in the ignition last night. It was a good four hours before i realised they weren't where they should be. So I found them in the ignition, locked the car and went to bed.

This morning I unlocked it using the fob and the display on the dash came on as normal (mileage, mpg, miles left etc) but there was nothing on the radio display. Not even when I opened the doors, turned on the ignition and started it up. 5 minutes later I decided to give the 'On/Off' button another go and it came on. No problem, everything working fine. But now I've noticed that it no longer seems to bring up the display (time/date) when I unlock the car using the fob, like it used to. Instead it only comes on once I open a door.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Think it's the Sony 6000RCDS

Scratch that last bit. It's the Sony 6000CD RDS

You could reset the car modules. Disconnect the battery for about 5 mins. Set the time and date. And any other stuff. But remember you need your radio code. If it is still like this after you may have to check all your fuses as it may be one fuse that has gone for ignition or constant. Actually check all fuses first then if nothing try the battery.

If it was the fuse would the unit spring to life when I opened the door? I'd sort of ruled a blown fuse out with it coming on as soon as the door is opened

The player gets many feeds from diffrent modules on the car. For example the centrol locking. Fuses are simple, you may just have to go through the settings, as the player may have just reset. But you say the time and date is there when a door is open. May be a setting, fuses, or a glitch that a power down may sort out.

Ok thanks. I'll investigate further after work and report back with my findings. Thanks for that :)

Can I just ask, when you say it could be a case of going through the settings, how do you mean?

Menu options . I no longer have that system so couldn't tell you how to get into it. Read the manual for the player.

Had a look at lunch time and no menu options to do with this. According to the manual I downloaded mine is a Sony CD Generation 2 stereo, don't know whether that's the same as the 6000CD RDS, but everything matches in the manual and my stereo.

It is working perfectly fine now, the only difference is the radio display illuminates when a door is opened as opposed to how it previously illuminated when the fob was used to unlock the doors.

Thanks for the help though, appreciated :)

The original Ford/Sony radio's are completely different than the Ford 6000 CD radio. There is a huge difference in sound quality between them.

The 6000 CD is the base model radio from Ford. The 6000 CD is produced by Visteon.

The singe CD and 6-CD Sony radio's are the more Premium Ford radio's. These radio's are designed/developed by Sony and produced under licence by Visteon.

At the moment I own a 2nd Generation Sony 6-CD radio and a 3rd Generation Sony 6-CD DAB radio (2nd and 3rd Generation Sony radio's look identical. There are only technical differences between them). Both radio's illuminate when the door is opened. These radio's do not illuminate when the car is unlocked.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club