Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Ford Car!

mad cake lady

Hi, I have bought my first Ford car this week. It is a Focus 1.6 petrol estate 2004 reg. I have spent a lot of money getting a major service, cam belts, brakes, clutch etc done. Does anyone know why my radio doesn't work, tuned it in, volume on, no sound! Also, new battery in key fob but still no central locking. Confused and female, lol x

Hello Mad!! Can I call you mad? Or cake? That's what initially attracted me to this thread!! Cakes....yumm! Anyway, the radio! Did you have to enter a code before you could tune it in? If you've done this then it could be the output chip has blown or the Speakers have become disconnected! Did it work when you first bought it?? When did it stop? And the key fob central locking...does it lock all doors on the key, as in manually, or not? If not the key might need recoding to the car! Let me know,

Oh, what's your favourite cake??

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

The radio doesn't ask for a code does it?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Just making chocolate fudge cake! Anyway, bought car Monday, 2 days servicing & repairs, had it back yesterday. Don't know anything about codes? What does this mean? switched radio on, checked volume on, but no sound from it. Tried to use key fob for central locking, its as it battery gone but I put a new one in so opening door manually which isn't a problem but would like everything to work properly x

OOhhhhh I love chocolate fudge cake!! Usually if works been done on the car and the batteries been disconnected the stereo/radio will come up with a code! If it's not asking that, then not too sure. When you turn the key, do all the doors unlock or just your door??

Any chance of a piece of that cake when your'e done??

MMMMMMMM

Chris

Hi Chris & Andy, Chris if you were closer to the Midlands then cake you would have, but alas, it wouldn't travel well in this heat! The radio is not asking for a code, will ask my dad to check it over for me I think. When I manually unlock the driver's door, all doors unlock. Andy, I will try the instructions in the youtube guide. Thank you both x

I would say you should remove the radio and ensure all the connections are in place.

If the previous owner had an aftermarket stereo, they may have removed it, and pulled the old out and just thrown a headunit in (regardless of working or not) but at least it will allow them to sell it on.

• Like 1

Shame about the cake....but, no problem! I know when I got a 2nd key for my Focus I had to take it to my local Ford dealer, who I know quite well (in the Trade) and he plugged in a Laptop to code the key to the car! So not sure if you can do it yourself...but worth trying. At least the solenoid (I think that's what it's called) is working or the doors wouldn't open, apart from your one. Weird about the radio though!! Sorry couldn't be much more help Trish. Enjoy the cake ... boo hoo ...

Chris x

• Like 1

Cupcakes today! Well I've tried the central locking key thing, clicking between 1 & 2 on the ignition. I get the chime but still not working. No big deal though as central locking still works manually, just frustating. My radio still not working but will play cd's! At least I have some audio company now x

Did you press hard on the key fob after the first chime. If you did, should chime again. I had to press real hard on mine. All my buttons are stiff.

Sent from my S5

• Like 1

check that the conncetion is under the headliner under the antenna.

• Like 1

Hello Trish! Do you bake everyday then?? Amazing!! Missed out there didn't I!! Lol. Anyway, weird that the Cd's play but no radio!! Does sound like the aerial plug has come out the back of the unit, maybe? As for the central locking, it might be worth taking it to Ford and asking how much to code the key and/or if that is the problem?? Had to get them to code the key to the car via Laptop when we bought a spare from eBay.

Post a picture of your cupcakes...if you can figure out how to do it!! That's a reference to my inability, by the way, not yours!!

Cheers,

Chris