Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Alarm

Zoe Maree

Went to the Ford garage got a new battery and in the process the ford garage managed to break my door handle saying it just one of those things and not fixing it free of charge this was a couple of days ago now today parked the car locked it and the car alarm goes off so I phoned the garage back today and they said it could be because of the broken handle?? Really would it take 2 days for this effect or have the done something wrong with the battery please help :(

if the door latch thinks its being opened then this could trigger the alarm.

However, I would take the car back to the garage, park it there and tell them I am not moving it until they replace the handle if they broke it. Its not just "one of those things".

I would argue "one of those things" is losing a dustcap when they are filling the tyres with air, or "one of those things" is leaving an oil mark on the bodywork. Not ripping a door handle off the car!!!

If they argue the point, then tell them you will be contacting Trading Standards for an independant opinion, they might suddenly change their tune! if they argue the point then tell them they damaged your vehicle by their mishandling of it and insist that trading standards will be contacted as part of your complaint.

"One of those things"?

Nice try, now get the beggar fixed, cheeky so & so's.

Well I've taken the car away now but I will be going back I have me stereo fixed as well and that's broke tonight as well! Everything I've asked them to fix has broke, I was going to take it higher but his badge said manager so just felt that would be a waste of time! But there was two other with me that has witnessed the door handle issue! >:( could cry!!!

Something like a door handle.I dont think you stand much of a chance as its used so much.hard to prove who did any damage etc.good luck though