• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: Mark 4 Mondeo
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hi 

Looking for some info with my 09 Mondeo I Noticed the other day when driving that the tabs on the hud console disappeared leaving just the radio greyed out and the settings and trip options available left it as it was as I had to go into work and when I checked it later all was well this has happened again since but not for a few days 

Now when I was on the car tonight I got an error message on the console steering malfunction got home and switched off and back on again started fine same error

message Disconnected the battery and left it off for about half an hour and then connected it back up car powers up when unlocking and still gives the error steering malfunction but now will no longer start 

It’s a key less entry and I have tried the other key and also sticking the key in the blanked off slot where a normal key goes and still the car won’t start doesn't

give me the press clutch message that normally comes on before starting 

Had a look at the fuses for the key less and steering lock and they look ok and tried the battery again and still nothing 

Any ideas or suggestions before I book it in to get looked at and potentially cost me a fortune 

Cheers 

ScoobieDoo

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,141 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi Derek,

I would suggest that you disconnect all the wiring harnesses from the GEM board and try again (with the battery disconnected)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users