Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Clive Advice On Underglow Lights

k13r4n

Ok I'm thinking of maybe getting underglow lights that will sync with interior led lights I'm assuming this is 100% legal providing I'm NOT driving. Ie show purposes only. I know most think this is tacky but hey how many fiestas have you saw with it ?

As you have already alluded to, they are for off-road/show use only.

I wish they would tell all these party limo companies though.

Thought as much cheers

What if they were amber?

or red at the back, amber in the sides and white at the front?

That should be legal

As to my knowledge any lights on the vehicle for public highway use must be fixed in the outward facing position and not be blinding to other drivers.

as far as I know this does not include underglows as this is downward facing and therefore would constitute as illegal lighting.

They made them illegal a few years ago as it was a distraction to other road users. Its fine if your parked for say at a car park for a meet where other road users cant moan because your parked up

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

They made them illegal a few years ago as it was a distraction to other road users. Its fine if your parked for say at a car park for a meet where other road users cant moan because your parked up

They should ban DRLs for the same reason

Drls are fine when used on the correct and legal way IMHO. Any extra feature to help you be more visible has to be a good thing again when used correctly

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

This is 100% correct regardless of colour. Amber on the sides white on the front and red at the back, same thing still illegal.

However large vehicles are allowed side and rear lights similar to lorrys with amber lights at the side 1M apart.... some how it's a distraction on cars

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Driving all over the UK, I see lorries all the time with blue lights plastered all over the front or behind the drivers in their cabs, even seen them drive past police patrol vehicles parked up on motorways monitoring traffic.... how come they dont seem to get bothered by the powers that be? Not a rant, just an observation!

Its a valid point, I believe the regulations for HGV's are different, as I dont believe HGV cabs can be given lights as a police vehicle.

I hate it, it might look pretty but it still causes dazzling.

• 3 weeks later...

They should ban DRLs for the same reason

How could they ban drls? They produce much more lumens than a normal light. Drls come out to be on 24/7 unless the headlighs or sidelights on to reduce the risk of accidents due to people "not seeing them". Underglow lights causes more distraction than help. Plus when cars were racin with flashin blue lights underneath..there kind of impersonating a copper which is a law in itself

There is no reason to have underglow lights only for show purposes. They are the dogs on certian cars but ive been into modifieds sice get go.

It's actually law that all vehicles (new models and facelift ) from Feb 11 are to be fitted with drl lights as they are designed as said above for safety

• 5 years later...

Long shot as this is such an old discussion, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to wire it up to the footwell lights 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club