Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater fan

jpw77

Hi, can anyone help with this?

I've this week taken ownership of fiesta finesse year 2000, and I'm finding that the heater fan will only blow out hot air. It may be due to the hot weather we're having. In previous cars though, even when the weather is scorching the heater fan has blown out cool air. Has/does anyone have this problem, is there something up with the fan, is there anyway of trouble shooting?

Thanks for any advise.

James

Hi, can anyone help with this?

I've this week taken ownership of fiesta finesse year 2000, and I'm finding that the heater fan will only blow out hot air. It may be due to the hot weather we're having. In previous cars though, even when the weather is scorching the heater fan has blown out cool air. Has/does anyone have this problem, is there something up with the fan, is there anyway of trouble shooting?

Thanks for any advise.

James

Yep i have had this issue, it is usually due to the heater control valve being blocked or seized. It happens on loads of cars and is quite a common problem. Although that might not be the definate cause it is most likely. The part from ford will cost around £40 but takes a while to fit. It could, however, be a blocked pipe going into the same valve, i would try ruling that out before spending any dosh on parts. If you flush out the coolant you can then disconnect the part in question and at least check it's condition, if you leave coolant in you will probably spil a bit into the bulkhead and have to top up/replace it anyway. If the plastic has weakend, as will probably have happened, then you will have to replace it anyway.

If you still have the same issue after replacing that part then i would suggest the heater matrix or a dodgy switch unit in the dash.

Hope that helps.

• 4 months later...

I have a similar but not identical problem on my 2000 Fiesta 1.4 Ghia.

The heater will turn off if the control on the facia is turned fully anti-clockwise, but if it is turned only 2 or 3 clicks clockwise the heater appears to then be full on. Therefore the water valve isn't jammed and it appears to be an electrical fault. I am not entirely clear how the electrics work. I have a multimeter so can check voltages etc if I know what I am looking for.

If it is an electrical problem, is it likely to be at the facia end or the valve end?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

As a newbie, it is great to be a part of this forum

Many thanks

Nick

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club