Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Passenger Door

stebo88

I bought a ford focus that was in a crash before i got it. The passenger door was replaced and the electric isnt working on it. The window is working but the remote key doesnt unlock it and the power mirror wont work so can only adjust it by hand. Also the mirror on the driver side doesnt work. Any ideas what the problem might be bearing in mind im not very mechanical and cant really afford to take it to an auto electrician. Thanks in advance.

Couple of things I can think of - the door connections or wiring to the body may have been damaged and not repaired properly, or the replaced door hasn't been connected to the body loom correctly.

If the door was sourced off another Focus it may not match the spec of the rest of the car, or it's door module may need reconfiguring to work with your car.

Expect you'd have to get the doorpad off or at least pull the connector from the door pillar, probably depends what model Focus you have. Can soon get tricky if you have to do that and aren't that mechanically minded.

Something to check before diving in further - are all the fuses OK? maybe it's something as simple as that, as long as any blown fuses don't blow again.

Agree with troy on this one possible off a lower spec

If its off a lower spec can it be wired up? Its just annoying having to move the mirrors by hand and having to open passenger do from the inside.

Could be difficult, only just discovered this myself but for the mk2/2.5 models higher spec cars have door modules whilst the lower specs don't. Might take some creative wiring to get things working again.

Does the mirror on the passenger side have the manual adjuster in the door casing then? what model/age Focus have you got?

No reason why not but you would need the door loom off a same spec car and anything else that's missing from within the panel possible the lock is not compatible with frequency on the key that said all other doors bar drivers are slave solenoids the master being the drivers door solenoid so apart from a wiring fault or faulty solenoid no reson why it shouldn't work

Focus zetec climate 1.8 2007. The mirror control is on the drivers side theres no manual control on the passenger side.

In theory.....with the help of the wiring schematics pinned on here it'd be possible to work out how to re-wire the loom to match the rest of the car.

That's something I'd be confident in doing myself but Ive lots of experience with wiring jobs. If the door is wrong spec it then also depends if you can just swap the loom over to match or would need a door module as well (these may be part of the glass motor/regulator) and if the signals from the main harness all tie up etc. Would need some deep digging doing to understand everything better.

What would be my best option then? Should i just take it to an auto electrician?

I have a climate that's going next Thursday I,ll get the door panel off an get you some pics of wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have a climate that's going next Thursday I,ll get the door panel off an get you some pics of wiring

Cheers mate that would be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry for late reply hope these photos help you the only ones I couldn't get were of the loom going to the lock if you need any more before Thursday give me a shoutpost-29006-0-88984800-1403452239_thumb.jpost-29006-0-03158200-1403452275_thumb.jpost-29006-0-38631300-1403452292_thumb.jpost-29006-0-28188300-1403452307_thumb.jpost-29006-0-71698700-1403452349_thumb.j