15 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Well just thought id put u all in the pciture! Ford issued a red top today which i was handed when i arrived in work with next price increase!!!

its as follows

Ka - 600
Fiesta - 600
Fusion - 300
Focus inc ST and RS - 650
Focus CC - 950
Cmax - 650
Kuga - 650
Mondeo - 650
S-Max - 700
Galaxy - 800

Price increase is effective from 01/07/09

any cars ordered before hand will be contract protected. anything after will be at new price!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

Looking at some of the initial road tests of the new Fiesta, when it was launched it was less than 9,000 for the base model and it is now 9,995 before this latest price rise - how often are these increases happening???

#3 Aitchess

Aitchess

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 5dr, Frozen White
Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

Looking at some of the initial road tests of the new Fiesta, when it was launched it was less than 9,000 for the base model and it is now 9,995 before this latest price rise - how often are these increases happening???

Seems to be more or less every two/three months, up by about the same amount each time. I think this is the third rise this year. The weakness of the Pound against the Euro seemed to be a popular excuse (though I don't know if Ford used it) but the Pound is inching back up again at the moment and it still happens. I expect Vauxhall et al will do almost exactly the same rise, at the same time though (they usually do).

#4 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

its all to do with build costs in europe, this is third price increase from ford totaling 1800 on new fiesta, sure things will start to settle in next few months! we were told it was rumoured just glad i got mine contracted already!! rrp on my order is now 17650!!!!! for a fiesta!

#5 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

Maybe this had more to do with them introducing the new Fiesta at a slightly lower price than the outgoing model as a headline grabber and then inch the price back up to what it should have been all along!

#6 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

either way its not good news... least its a nice car that people want! im sure the massive delays wont be helping the prices!!

#7 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Well at least by the time mine is delivered it will mean I have saved even more as a discount

#8 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 (on order)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

think of it from the business point of view

you got so many orders that your factories cant keep up with demand

people want the car so they can increase the price and still get lots of demand

its all about supply and demand

if ford was not selling a lot of cars the prices would stay the same or decrease

supply and demand its how the world works

just get your order in before july if worried on increase

#9 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

I am sure if they were building them at the suaul rate then they could fulfill all the orders but I bet due to the credit crunch and people not buying new cars they are not building them as fast as they could. You only have to look at the Honda factory in Swindon, they have just gone back to work after a 4 MONTH shutdown!

#10 TonyEssex

TonyEssex

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 (on order)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

I am sure if they were building them at the suaul rate then they could fulfill all the orders but I bet due to the credit crunch and people not buying new cars they are not building them as fast as they could. You only have to look at the Honda factory in Swindon, they have just gone back to work after a 4 MONTH shutdown!

well they can slow down production once ive got my new car :P

#11 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

So do i - alhtough I am kinda keen on getting a 59 plater so I guess as long as it is build, transferred, delivered to the dealer and ready to collect within 13 weeks of order then I will be fine

#12 pikestones

pikestones

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium Tdci

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

The Honda factory shut down as no one wants the cars they make (most are for export).

Cologne is building 1500-1900 fiesta /fusion a day,over 3 shifts,they simply cant meet the demand for the model,
As well as supplying all of Europe,Cologne is now also building Australian and South African versions.

Valencia builds about a thousand cars a day,split between the fiesta and the KA,

The Ka has similar lead times to the fiesta.

#13 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Valencia builds about a thousand cars a day,split between the fiesta and the KA,
The Ka has similar lead times to the fiesta.

I thought that the Ka was being built in the same factory as the Fiat 500 which I thought was in Poland?

#14 pikestones

pikestones

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium Tdci

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

I thought that the Ka was being built in the same factory as the Fiat 500 which I thought was in Poland?

Sorry mate,your quite correct,

Ka is now at Tyitchy (Poland),
It was at valencia previously along with the mazda 2 ,but the factory is now fiesta only,producing 700 a day,according to a local spanish paper.

#15 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Blimey, does not bear thinking about - Ford are making well in excess of 2,000 fiestas PER DAY and still not keeping up with demand!! Kinda scary

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users