Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet another price increase!!!

Ronnie Roberts

Well just thought id put u all in the pciture! Ford issued a red top today which i was handed when i arrived in work with next price increase!!!

its as follows

Ka - £600

Fiesta - £600

Fusion - £300

Focus inc ST and RS - £650

Focus CC - £950

Cmax - £650

Kuga - £650

Mondeo - £650

S-Max - £700

Galaxy - £800

Price increase is effective from 01/07/09

any cars ordered before hand will be contract protected. anything after will be at new price!

Looking at some of the initial road tests of the new Fiesta, when it was launched it was less than £9,000 for the base model and it is now £9,995 before this latest price rise - how often are these increases happening???

Looking at some of the initial road tests of the new Fiesta, when it was launched it was less than £9,000 for the base model and it is now £9,995 before this latest price rise - how often are these increases happening???

Seems to be more or less every two/three months, up by about the same amount each time. I think this is the third rise this year. The weakness of the Pound against the Euro seemed to be a popular excuse (though I don't know if Ford used it) but the Pound is inching back up again at the moment and it still happens. I expect Vauxhall et al will do almost exactly the same rise, at the same time though (they usually do).

its all to do with build costs in europe, this is third price increase from ford totaling £1800 on new fiesta, sure things will start to settle in next few months! we were told it was rumoured just glad i got mine contracted already!! rrp on my order is now £17650!!!!! for a fiesta!

Maybe this had more to do with them introducing the new Fiesta at a slightly lower price than the outgoing model as a headline grabber and then inch the price back up to what it should have been all along!

either way its not good news... least its a nice car that people want! im sure the massive delays wont be helping the prices!!

Well at least by the time mine is delivered it will mean I have saved even more as a discount

think of it from the business point of view

you got so many orders that your factories cant keep up with demand

people want the car so they can increase the price and still get lots of demand

its all about supply and demand

if ford was not selling a lot of cars the prices would stay the same or decrease

supply and demand its how the world works

just get your order in before july if worried on increase

I am sure if they were building them at the suaul rate then they could fulfill all the orders but I bet due to the credit crunch and people not buying new cars they are not building them as fast as they could. You only have to look at the Honda factory in Swindon, they have just gone back to work after a 4 MONTH shutdown!

I am sure if they were building them at the suaul rate then they could fulfill all the orders but I bet due to the credit crunch and people not buying new cars they are not building them as fast as they could. You only have to look at the Honda factory in Swindon, they have just gone back to work after a 4 MONTH shutdown!

well they can slow down production once ive got my new car :P

So do i - alhtough I am kinda keen on getting a 59 plater so I guess as long as it is build, transferred, delivered to the dealer and ready to collect within 13 weeks of order then I will be fine

The Honda factory shut down as no one wants the cars they make (most are for export).

Cologne is building 1500-1900 fiesta /fusion a day,over 3 shifts,they simply cant meet the demand for the model,

As well as supplying all of Europe,Cologne is now also building Australian and South African versions.

Valencia builds about a thousand cars a day,split between the fiesta and the KA,

The Ka has similar lead times to the fiesta.

Valencia builds about a thousand cars a day,split between the fiesta and the KA,

The Ka has similar lead times to the fiesta.

I thought that the Ka was being built in the same factory as the Fiat 500 which I thought was in Poland?

I thought that the Ka was being built in the same factory as the Fiat 500 which I thought was in Poland?

Sorry mate,your quite correct,

Ka is now at Tyitchy (Poland),

It was at valencia previously along with the mazda 2 ,but the factory is now fiesta only,producing 700 a day,according to a local spanish paper.

Blimey, does not bear thinking about - Ford are making well in excess of 2,000 fiestas PER DAY and still not keeping up with demand!! Kinda scary

its the scrappage scheme in europe that caused the massive delays, most the fiestas were built at cologne but they expanded production to spain to try and meet the demands... app they never expected the numbers on high end 3 door fiesta's.

im unsure weather to wait till 59 or just get it when it arrives on a 09... either way im glad im not going to be hit by price increase!

mines was commited yesterday so should lock into plant in the next 7-10 days! build date is now 15th of june, but expect it will be in transit by then.

as for Ka, the wait times are now longer than fiesta due to the fiat plant been RUBBISH! they dont have the flexibilaty of the ford plants which means if u order a spoiler or bluetooth it makes them take even longer. i have a customer who has been quoted 16 weeks build time!! for a KA!!!!