Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Door Seals

ianmarwell

Bought car when it was approx. 14 months old, noticed straight away the bottom of the door seals on both doors were coming apart, looks like they have been caught getting in and out of the car. Took car to dealer and asked if they could be repaired under warranty. We all know what the answer was....no....its trim !. So tried various rubber glues and eventually got them stuck back down. Fast forward 11 months later and its like a festering sore...Door seals should not come apart like this. Seen numerous posts where people have taken them back to dealer and complained etc,etc...its a known fault etc.etc.and it has been repaired. Car has about 9 months warranty left.

Question. Is there anywhere I can get the info together, or contact FORD direct and say Mr Dealer fix this its not normal wear and tear ?

Don't know if it's the same thing as the car was made a year after the advisory meaning it should have been rectified in production. The advisory also refers to side frame where Ians is along the bottom. I wonder if this a door alignment issue.

It may pay to get the car independently inspected to back you up.

this is the problem, see picture

post-44437-0-38414700-1403296789_thumb.j

Ah right so it is the sides of the doors that's cleared that up! Weird then that they had not sorted it by 2012 unless the car was made some time before it was registered.

Anyway get back to the dealer armed with the TSB. It's not 'normal' wear and tear so don't take any crap.

in the Netherlands it was waranthy mine repaired no cost at all

Car was first registered in Jan 2012...Thanks for your help.

Been back to the dealers tonight......another waste of time. Classed as trim will not touch it as car is over 1 year old.......tossers

Saw a 2011 ZS with this problem today. Seems it's the 3 doors that have it and 5 doors not affected as they don't have them fitted on the extreme edge. On both sides they were hanging loose. Obvious design fault.