4 replies to this topic

#1 lucas1787

lucas1787

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi,I have a T reg 1.6 zetec Focus.5dr. Its just failed on a N.S.R leaking shock absorber(only slight).Could anyone advise on how easy they are to change,do I need a special tool?.I dont mind having a go at things,as long as its not too involved.Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,271 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed

yep, agree. all you will need is a basic socket set and a jack. very simple job

#4 lucas1787

lucas1787

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave

#5 FocusTDDI

FocusTDDI

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 CL TDDI

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave

No there's no tension on the shocks. did mine last week and it's just a 15mm bolt connecting bottom to car. Comes off really easy with an impact wrench too :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users