Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Shocks

lucas1787

Hi,I have a T reg 1.6 zetec Focus.5dr. Its just failed on a N.S.R leaking shock absorber(only slight).Could anyone advise on how easy they are to change,do I need a special tool?.I dont mind having a go at things,as long as its not too involved.Thanks

If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed

If your car is an hatch back (one nut inside & one bolt on the bottom) if estate it as top & bottom bolts the job is easy no special tools needed

yep, agree. all you will need is a basic socket set and a jack. very simple job

Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave

Mine is a hatch and did notice the nut inside the boot, but havent looked at the bootom one yet as I have not had the wheel off.I didnt know if there was any tension on these and you had to be careful undoing the nut/bolt.But from what you said,I might give it a go.Thanks for the advice Dave

No there's no tension on the shocks. did mine last week and it's just a 15mm bolt connecting bottom to car. Comes off really easy with an impact wrench too :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club