welly

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: stephen
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.00 diesel
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hi  please can someone shed some light on what's wrong with my mondeo it's a 2.00 diesel on a 59 plate i've had no trouble with it at all but I tried to start it this afternoon it turned over ok but would not start,one of my neighbours said the key might be broken causing immoberlizer problems so I tried my wife's key the same thing happened and a message on the dash said engin malfunction I've tried a few times and still the same, I looked in a manual but it just said take it to dealer hope someone can help .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mecmark

mecmark

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: mark
  • Ford Model: focus cc
  • Year: 2008

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

hi welly lots of things can cause this but first thing to check is all the fuses, if a fuse to the ECM or fuel system blew when you turned it off it won't go if all the fuses are ok you really need to get someone to scan/code read it. i do know they suffer from crank sensors and a duff dual mass flywheel can cause probs too try starting with in gear like 2nd n bring clutch pedal up slowly if it fires up its your flywheel. it could also have a crack in a fuel pipe do you smell fuel? if you do when you've fixed it you may need a mechanic to bleed the system don't go turning it over n over you'll knacker the high pressure pump. also under no circumstance never ever try to tow start it can cause irreparable damage 

#3 welly

welly

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: stephen
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.00 diesel
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Thanks Mark I'm going to try the things you suggested.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users