Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

welly

2.00 Diesel Turns Over But Won't Start

3 posts in this topic

Hi please can someone shed some light on what's wrong with my mondeo it's a 2.00 diesel on a 59 plate i've had no trouble with it at all but I tried to start it this afternoon it turned over ok but would not start,one of my neighbours said the key might be broken causing immoberlizer problems so I tried my wife's key the same thing happened and a message on the dash said engin malfunction I've tried a few times and still the same, I looked in a manual but it just said take it to dealer hope someone can help .

hi welly lots of things can cause this but first thing to check is all the fuses, if a fuse to the ECM or fuel system blew when you turned it off it won't go if all the fuses are ok you really need to get someone to scan/code read it. i do know they suffer from crank sensors and a duff dual mass flywheel can cause probs too try starting with in gear like 2nd n bring clutch pedal up slowly if it fires up its your flywheel. it could also have a crack in a fuel pipe do you smell fuel? if you do when you've fixed it you may need a mechanic to bleed the system don't go turning it over n over you'll knacker the high pressure pump. also under no circumstance never ever try to tow start it can cause irreparable damage

Thanks Mark I'm going to try the things you suggested.