• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Sketch

Mr Sketch

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

I need to change the clutch on my 94 1.6i 16 valve Fiesta. As my car is quite old and I will probably be getting rid of it by the end of the year I dont want to spend anymore than I have to.

Would I be able to get 2nd hand clutch from the breakers from any old Fiesta of that year or would I need a specific one for the size/type of Engine?

Is there anywhere online I can get a step-by-step guide for replacing it as I dont fancy splashing out upt0 20 on a Haynes manual?

Any help would be appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 swampduck

swampduck

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.8 tdi

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

I need to change the clutch on my 94 1.6i 16 valve Fiesta. As my car is quite old and I will probably be getting rid of it by the end of the year I dont want to spend anymore than I have to.

Would I be able to get 2nd hand clutch from the breakers from any old Fiesta of that year or would I need a specific one for the size/type of Engine?

Is there anywhere online I can get a step-by-step guide for replacing it as I dont fancy splashing out upt0 20 on a Haynes manual?

Any help would be appreciated.

hey up , if your a complete novice dont try this yourself , it ll end in tears . if disregarding this advice , ebay , you ll get a clutch kit for maybe bout 50 quid , and a manual for a fiver or so , dont go into it blindly ,and most certainly dont use a second hand one you dont know its history , you wouldnt borrow a used condom of anyone now would you ? ;)

#3 Mr Sketch

Mr Sketch

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

hey up , if your a complete novice dont try this yourself , it ll end in tears . if disregarding this advice , ebay , you ll get a clutch kit for maybe bout 50 quid , and a manual for a fiver or so , dont go into it blindly ,and most certainly dont use a second hand one you dont know its history , you wouldnt borrow a used condom of anyone now would you ? ;)

TBH honest I really dont think Im gonna do it myself. A mate whose being trained as a mechanic is gonna do it but I just fancied have a instruction guide to follow just in case.

Ill go do a quick Ebay hunt, see what I can see.

P.s That Condom analogy, whilst correct, was rather distasteful :lol:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users