Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New KA Door Panels Door Locks & Operation

Johny

Just got my wife the new KA - amazing car for money butcould only get the Studio in silver at a weeks notice.

Problem is the door locking.You cannot lock the passenger door from the outside ! So paking is critical on our drive as he wife usually locks the drivers door and climbs out he passenger side but now cannot lock the car !

So I want to fit a cheap central locking kit - on eBay for around £25 for 4 locks !

Are the locking linkages cable or links? Anyone had the side panels off to perhaps fit better Speakers ? What is the knack of taking off the side panels ?

Its got to be al possible buthow easy. I don't want to pry the side panels off and break any clips as we all did back on older cars fitting our new Speakers ! we've all been there !

So, anyone took off their new KA side panels or even better fitted central locking kit ?

Thanks in advance - John

Cant Ford do this?

If I was you I would be asking Ford about this. Personally I wouldnt want to take apart my brand new car to bolt on some piece of eBay tat. Try to keep it all as "official Ford" as possible until the warranty expires, otherwise you could find you have voided parts of your warranty.

Cant Ford do this?

If I was you I would be asking Ford about this. Personally I wouldnt want to take apart my brand new car to bolt on some piece of ebay tat. Try to keep it all as "official Ford" as possible until the warranty expires, otherwise you could find you have voided parts of your warranty.

Hi and thanks for reply

Unfortunately it's answers I want - not judgement !

I think anything off eBay would only add to the car's Polish build quality ! Don't knock eBay as there's loads of KAs new and old on there for sale.

The car is hardly built like my Lexus !

So, does anyone out there know about removing the side panels and the any info on the type of door mechanism ?

Hardly rocket science.

Any technical info and not judgement would be great - thanks.

Hi and thanks for reply

Unfortunately it's answers I want - not judgement !

I think anything off ebay would only add to the car's Polish build quality ! Don't knock ebay as there's loads of KAs new and old on there for sale.

The car is hardly built like my Lexus !

So, does anyone out there know about removing the side panels and the any info on the type of door mechanism ?

Hardly rocket science.

Any technical info and not judgement would be great - thanks.

Come on mate, you know I wasn't judging you! Simply stating that Ford may be able to do this for you, or you could ask Ford about taking the panel off, as I really doubt that any member on here has done so already. I think only 2 or 3 members actually have new KA's.

I also stated what I personally would do, and the potentially warranty-voiding consequences that your actions may lead to.

1. You are right, it isnt rocket science! It's exactly the same as it is in any car! Take out the screws and unclip the panel!

2. There is absolutely no need to criticise the build quality in such a racist way! Maybe this forum isnt for you if you have a problem with the Polish. From personal experience they are very nice, social, hard working people.

Go and join a BNP forum! JOG ON!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club