Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Issue

dr1v3r

hi guys new ere so if I am in wrong section I apologise.

anyway my car has been driving fine, well I know I do need to do the flywheel but still been running ok, then today out of the blue the clutch pedal went extremely hard to press, and I know I probs made it worse but the resivoir was quite low so I bled the clutch incase was any air pockets. at that point I noticed the pedal dropped to the floor and only popped back to normal position when I lifted it myself.

now I have done that the pedal is still hard to push but I can not sit in idle and change gears no problem and the car will not move at all. I checked for a spring at back of pedal and there is not one, now of reading posts off net it seams to be that some do have a spring and some don't, mine seams to be one without. I have sprayed the back of the pedal to see if it would free it in anyway and that has not worked either.

I am hoping that someone maybe able to assist somehow please.

thanks
mick

btw I am not mechanic I do tinker but usually engine wise it tends to be a local rip off

also its an 05 estate and I think its a mk3 but please correct me if I am wrong thanks

could be a duff slave cylinder?

is that one in with clutch/gear box or the one near the pedal?

Closer to the clutch I believe, have you checked the fluid levels and quality?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Yea I checked levels. Well I believe it looks like a new clutch so flywheel aswell. Been quoted 485 all in so think I might just trying to make myself look cleverer than I am and go cry to a garage haha.

Thanks guys appreciate the help....

Mick

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

haha, theres no shame in admitting if you dont know it, I started out on this forum asking stupid questions and learned a lot lol

You can throw time and effort at cars if your not sure and it can be a waste, sometimes biting the bullet is the best way to go!