Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Wheel Center Caps/alloy Wheels Cleaner!!!

sonic113

I am missing 2 center wheel caps and the other 2 are damaged (makes the wheels look bad lol!) so I want to get new ones for all 4 wheels and i came across some on rbay. Has anyone looked at these and would they be ok for the mk.2 focus with standard 16" zetec alloys?

heres the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DARK-BLUE-Ford-Alloy-Wheel-Centre-Hub-Caps-for-Fiesta-Focus-Galaxy-Mondeo-/231255198471?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item35d7e24b07

also I i said in on of my other posts my wheel nuts have lost there alloy cover thing and I was wondering does anybody know where to get these in say 1 or 2? I have just seen them in packs of 16 I think.

also can these be changed for ones without the chrome cover on them?

can anyone recommend a good alloy wheel cleaner or wax for wheels for something to keep them clean and shining. I was looking to get this but not sure what its like.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Clean-Wheels-1-Litre/dp/B0011DVZGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403606394&sr=8-1&keywords=alloy+wheel+cleaner

and also on the subject of cleaners I currently wash my car with auto glym car shampoo and body conditioner, dry it the use auto glym super resin polish. I then do all trim with autoglym vinyl and rubber care with is good product .i think. I was thinking of then adding this stuff as a wax coat on top of the super resin polish..

wax

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Deep-Crystal-Step-Carnauba/dp/B00078XL2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403606444&sr=8-1&keywords=car+wax

Has anybody any experience with this or whats the best stuff to use with the focus paintwork. Its the moon dust silver color.

Thanks

Go to ford for the centre caps. They are cheaper.

Washing the car I tend to use whatever shampoo I've got lying around then t cut polish then t cut wax. I know alot of people don't like t cut but I find the finish is always very good.

Alloy wheel cleaner I can't comment on as I just use the shampoo I use for the body.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

i use Auto smart g101 wheel cleaner on my wheels and use Poorboys Wheel Wax.

for advice on cleaning/polishing you need to join up on the detailing world forum!

as your already using AG SRP, i'd top it up using their top coat sealant.

Thanks for replies fellas. Just hope weather keeps up now so I can get detailing at the car.

• Like 1

Make sure you have got a good stock of beer. It's thirsty work. Lol

I wish I could find centre caps for my wheels at £2 each, but I need something like 76 mm

Stan

Just realised I don't need centre caps - I just need the thin plastic Ford logo bits that are stuck on

Stan

Go to dmb graphics

be warned, once you get into the detailing world spirit, your bank balance will reduce dramatically!

• Like 2

i use wonderwheels hotwheels to clean the wheels . i polish with autoglym srp and wax using dodo juice

Interesting I would of never thought of using autogylmes super resin polish on the alloys I will be givingbthat ago next time I clean the car to see how they turn out.

Cheers mate.