AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Mark9297

Sd Card Problems

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have got a 2011 Ford Focus and ive not used the sat nav before upon trying to use this for the first time nothing works i have been informed that i have the wrong SD card could this be the case? it is still under warrenty but the place i brought it said that to much time has elapsed.

how long a warranty did you get and when did you buy the car? the law states that for the first 6 months, any fault on a vehicle is deemed to have been there from the day you took ownership (inherently faulty) so its their obligation to resolve it, or prove that you have damaged it otherwise!

Is it a Mk 2.5 or a Mk 3.0 Focus. If it is a Mk 2.5 you should have the blue SD card with the 2010 Western Europe plus Turkey software.

Ford has 3 incompatible SD cards ( 5" satnav in old Focus, 5" satnav in current Focus, and 7" touchscreen in Mondeo, old Focus ...).

Thanks for the comments, ive had the car just over a year because of my job i was overseas quite alot and the SD card was sent to my address at a later date im guessing the card works just not in my car my car is Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Sport 5 dr, whether its Mk 2.5 or 3.0 im not sure.

Mk2.5 is between 2008 and 2011. Mk3 2012 onwards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

So that should be the touchscreen satnav as the non-touch was discontinued with the facelift (iirc).

The Mk 2.5 had both Touch screen and non Touch Screen in the last of them. The problem is the Mk 3 came out in 2011 as well. Here is a picture of my old 2011 Mk 2.5 Sport which had the non touch screen version of the Blaupunkt FX.

Just got it. One of the last Focus Sports

Mark9297 likes this

Touch is called NX, none touch FX.

Touch screen NX nav has heater controls intergrated in it

New plates are first registered after april so any mk3 before april 2012 will have 2011 registered number plate, but the model it self is 2012 onwards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah mines the non touch screen in fact my car is pretty much the same as the pic even down to the alloys!