Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus 1.8Tdci Fuel Injectors Failure

tedis

Hi guys. It might be a very long shot in a dark but I will try. I've heard ppl talking that in 1.8tdci ford diesel engines fuel injector failure is very common. Who could clear this out for me ? :) and how I can prevent them from failure? I fill my focus with Shell nitro+ diesel I assume that helps lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

To be quite honest I haven't heard of many failures on the 1.8tdci on this forum.. Quite a few guys on here with that engine too.

That's the thing mate he's not from here. I've done a lot of research before I bought the car

How do you think is it worth blanking egr?

I've not heard of any 1.8 injector failures.

EGR blanking will improve the engine running and your turbo will spool up earlier reducing lag to almost nothing.

Ive had a tonne of injectors pack in - causing the piston to overheat and break apart. Prodomenently on police tranist connects (dont know if they are mapping them and causing it) only seen one or two on non police vehicles. Best thing is to use good fuel and keep on top of the service schedules. Throw in some fuel additive from time to time also

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Police vehicles get thrashed mercilessly in low gear.

Connects aren't usually mapped as they are mainly used for custody transports.

My old 2.5 Focus estate dog wagon was mapped and tended tp be driven hard, I usually broke clutches and suspension springs rather than caused engine damage.

• 2 weeks later...

How woukd faulty injectors affect the car? Its a stupid question I know. But im trying to figure out whats wrong with me car

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app