Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Think Ive Had A Speeding Fine Refunded

theduke

Hi guys opened a letter this morning from HM Ministry of justice with a cheque/remitance for £100 no explanation on it but the reference number matches a speeding fine from last november.

Got caught by a copper in a layby doing 37 in a 30 got issued the ticket and producer paid the fine and ordered new licence as i had lost mine, I completely forgot to send in the licence and only now realised but its never been asked for.

Why have i had a remitance/cheque has someone not filled a form in correctly or am i waiting for a new one in the post :mellow:

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

probably they didnt do the paperwork in time for court? I would say call the number and check why they sent you it, the last thing you want is to cash that cheque, think your clear and they start demanding it back!

What a result… I'd enjoy spending it.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I would definatley check with them why you have received the letter. As jeebowhite said just incase they ask for it back. Lol.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Theres no number to call theres an address thats it.

Under invoice/claim number theres my ticket number

definately write to them! Its rare for anyone to have a ticket refunded with no explanation which worries me that its issued in error!

• Like 1

Think i better had although ive just checked on gov.uk site and i have 0 points on my licence i would have had 3 points if i sent my licence in but surely i would have them automatically online anyway?

Yea they should have them on the system. It is strange how u got it back. Does tge letter not give any insight as to what it could be apart from your ticket number?

It sounds like a clerical error means that they havent put the points on and / or they lost any paperwork you may have been proven to be / accepted to have been the driver.

Definately check with them though it sounds too good to be true!

Ive googled the living crap out of it theres no clear answer other than take it and run, Theres one thread on pistonheads and another on overclockers with no final result so im guessing nothing happened otherwise the op would have continued posting....

Can really see the Devil and Angel on each shoulder right now!.............Devils winning!

• Like 3

lol, I cant say I blame you for taking the devil side!

Take it and pay it into your bank. If noones asked for it back after, say 6 months, SPEND IT!!! :-)

Nice new law get caught speeding and they pay you.

My son once got summoned for having blue sidelights, I know must have been a slow night, and cause he never got a note from an mot station to say he'd taken them out. He pleaded guilty by post and sat back waiting for a fine and is still waiting 3 years later. No explanation nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Ohh dear... I don't think this is good. A court summons usually follow a refund...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Thats what thought at first after realising i never sent my licence in but with no correspondence how can they do that?

There is a time limit to send in your license and you've been told so I don't think they need to remind you. It's normally 2 weeks to submit your license right? How long has it been?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

9 Months?

I think it normally entails a few weeks in a prison cell shared with a 23 stone hairy guy called Big Pappa and his large collection of electronic equipment.

• Like 1

Hopefully this doesnt turn out to be the case! if all else fails, tell them you sent your license but never recieved it, you cant be blamed if it was lost by Royal Mail!

• Like 3

ewwww at big pappa! :wacko:

No summons in the post today its been 7 days since that cheque was dated :)

Its squeeky bum time whenever the post mans near lol

• Like 4

Bollox to it then. Cash the cheque and enjoy it. Lol

This is better than the soaps lol

thats cos this shizzle is real! :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club