Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Possibly The Thermostatic!

Zoe Maree

My car over heats and my stereo cuts out I've been told it is probably the thermostatic on my car as hot air is constantly coming through my vents! Anyone know how I can find out if it's this and how to fix it I've been quoted £90 but I have spent so much in garages with this car! :(

It is probably a couple of things. The constant heat coming through the vents will be due to the Heater Control Valve which is stuck. This is a very common problem with these and can be purchased from Fords for about £40. They take about 20 minutes to change.

Now when you say your car over heats, are you saying the engine is overheating or are you refering to the heat inside the car. If it is the engine that is over heating then it could well be the Thermostat or it could just be the cap on the expantion tank needs relacing as it is not holding the pressure.

I thought when the thermostat packs up it sticks permanently open meaning the the whole cooling system js permanently open meaning it never really heats up

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

not necessarily, whilst it ismore often the case, it can equally stick closed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club