Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded Courtesy Light Bulbs

Stoney871

I've recently had a couple of LED Bulbs I installed into my courtesy light start flickering thus causing me to temporarily fit standard bulbs again.

After a nice soft but bright light I felt that a better solution was needed.

As I have the unit with map lights and LED ambient lights fitted it takes T10 style bulbs and the following item was a perfect fit-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-Super-bright-LED-MAP-LIGHT-Dome-Festoon-Light-Conversion-3-Piece-501-/221475434885?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3390f6f185

post-28494-0-70512700-1403818218_thumb.j

post-28494-0-70406400-1403818223_thumb.j

post-28494-0-41895600-1403818232_thumb.j

post-28494-0-19912700-1403818238_thumb.j

post-28494-0-84746600-1403818243_thumb.j

If you have only a single T10 bulb then this is the one for you-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-SUPER-BRIGHT-LED-MAP-LIGHT-Dome-Festoon-Light-Conversion-501-Capless-/321442628696?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ad7794458

Another option for a single bulb unit, (comes in T10 and festoon versions for all fittings)-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ULTRA-BRIGHT-LED-MAP-LIGHT-Festoon-Dome-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-265-or-501-/321442628683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ad779444b

I strongly recommend the ones I fitted, better than normal T10 bulbs by far.

The seller is a top bloke as well, he sent the single T10 fitting one by accident and on alerting Him to this He sorted it immediately with no fuss and the replacement was here within 7 days.

Like those. Just have standard LEDs in mine (although not done the reading lights yet).

they look sweet clive, alot better than standard imho.... and not at a bad price also.... dis the initial take the usual month to get to your door?

Ive not long fitted a led festoon, looks so much better although when its set to middle its still on only very dim.......?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

They look good.....I'd have looked into getting some of those but got map lights front and also in the rear now and already gone for CREE bulbs in them with the festoons matching the submarine lighting.

Could maybe do something with the 3-piece version......

they look sweet clive, alot better than standard imho.... and not at a bad price also.... dis the initial take the usual month to get to your door?

They took 7 days to arrive both times.

Ive not long fitted a led festoon, looks so much better although when its set to middle its still on only very dim.......?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

The ones as I listed go right out when they should, no residual glow at all.

Looking good there Clive!

I'm very happy with them.

I just couldn't stomach the idea of putting standard yellow bulbs back in.

Even blue tinted bulbs looked more green than anything else.

I just bought some T10's to try and improve the colour but might take it a step further with these later!

You won't be disappointed.

They're excellent IMO.

Are they difficult to install Stoney? Been thinking of changing my interior lights for led's in my focus for a while now, but never been to sure how to do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

What style courtesy light have you got?

If you can post a photo then I'll be better able to guide you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

It's the one on the mk2.5, has three buttons, I'll get a photo when I'm next the car mate!

Ideal

Yeah it's like the one in the first picture you uploaded mate?

Easy job.

Pop the light out with a screwdriver at the side nearest the windscreen.

Drop the light down and disconnect the wires (if you don't then you will blow a fuse).

Pop the clear lens off the light and swap the led's for the standard bulbs.

Reverse order to refit light.

Cheers Stoney appreciate the help!

I do my best.

anyone got a link to a 42mm festoon that wont leave any residual charge? a friend of mine said with it being led it'll use a smidge of power but i'd rather not risk it draining lol

LED's use so little power you could leave one on in your car for a couple of weeks before any serious drain occurred.

I deliberately tested this on the CMAX, I replaced all the sidelights, brake and tail lights etc with LED's. I went into work left the lights on for a day with no issues. Took it home, and left the lights on all weekend without starting the car - not an issue :D

ahhh ok, in that case i wont bother lol. how do they use so little yet are much brighter than bulbs and bulbs use more, can anyone tell me in a dumbass way as im not electronically clued up lol

A normal incandescent bulb wastes most of it's power in the form of heat whereas an LED does not.

Sent from my S5

oooo ok, thankyou for keeping it simple, unfortunately my brain is wired on cooking food rather than electrics and mechanics haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club