Photo

An Update Would Be Nice! - Oh, And Not Joyriding My Car!

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#46 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

has the police had the driver done with twoc?

whats TWOC?

Toyota
Worker
Owners
Club

Taken
while
owner
cried

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

the 2nd half i think.......

#48 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,825 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Taken without owners consent.

#49 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Taken without Owners Consent,

The difference is that Theft is outright taking of someone elses property, TWOC'ing is basically abusing your position of trust and "stealing" or "borrowing" it by abuse of that trust.

i.e. if you have a full license and the car, and you live with your girlfriend and she takes the car in the middle of the night (say she only has a provisional license) then if she gets pulled, she can be done for TWOC, as well as driving on a provisional without supervision, and driving without insurance.

#50 volts

volts

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Stupid muppet didn't realise yoyo had a camera then. Clown

#51 VickiW

VickiW

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

The difference is that Theft is outright taking of someone elses property, TWOC'ing is basically abusing your position of trust and "stealing" or "borrowing" it by abuse of that trust.

i.e. if you have a full license and the car, and you live with your girlfriend and she takes the car in the middle of the night (say she only has a provisional license) then if she gets pulled, she can be done for TWOC, as well as driving on a provisional without supervision, and driving without insurance.

Bad girlfriend lol

#52 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Bad girlfriend lol

well aslong as she got away before the missus woke up: i wouldnt mind her taking the car,
Although she would be due a good spankin, next time the missus was away :lol:

#53 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

You my friend are both crazy and insanely suicidal! How on earth you are not buried under the floorboards I dont know :P

As for the camera, yeah, I really am so glad I have it. With it, this guy will get comuppance, and it will prevent him next time doing much more damage. How many times has he gotten away with it I wonder? maybe im the first, or the hundredth but I will certainly be the last!

#54 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

You my friend are both crazy and insanely suicidal! How on earth you are not buried under the floorboards I dont know :P

As for the camera, yeah, I really am so glad I have it. With it, this guy will get comuppance, and it will prevent him next time doing much more damage. How many times has he gotten away with it I wonder? maybe im the first, or the hundredth but I will certainly be the last!

:lol: its how ya tell em,

Have you got a link to that camera system aswell?
Im looking to fit one now lol catch vicki dogging while im working nights :lol: sponserd by Denny

#55 VickiW

VickiW

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Name: Victoria
  • Ford Model: focus st wannabe!!!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

I find it even more hilarous that he actually thinks he could handle/or even get a wife & gf...even his own mother prefers me than him lol

Really glad ye got good outcome in this situation jeebs

#56 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

haha, Lenny, have a look at my sig for the camera, otherwise I will go digging links for you.

Anyway - I come bearing excellent news IMHO. Although of course it would be unwise to say too much, the police have registered a crime reference number and its been handed over. TWOC and No Insurance at a minimum.

I have to say, I am happy that its even got this far!

#57 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

well I have had to remove the video in the short term, I was advised by a soliticitor friend of mine that it would be best in order to prevent any possible problems in the course of the investigation and prosecution, the details will be shared when things make a good move!

#58 AdeMk1

AdeMk1

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Name: Ade
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 & Impreza Turbo
  • Year: 2001

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Wow, I'm gobsmacked jeebs!
Good thing you had the cam or you would probably never have known this happened.
Glad the tool is getting what he deserves, fair enough I say.
Fair play for doing what needed to be done too, your car was left in their 'care' & they obviously didn't care for it - and the boss SHOULD know what his employees are up to in HIS customers' cars at all times, that's why he's the boss right?! It's his business & reputation on the line after all.
Good luck though Jeebs, I didn't get chance to view the video before you took it down but can't wait to see it now!

#59 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

I will share it once the police are finished, but as of yet I havent heard anything, so I suspect they are busy as it is! I might give them a call and just ask if they want me to drop the DVD off, or send him a link to the youtube vid, then will let them do what they need to do!

#60 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,727 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

The number of expletives leaving my mouth right now is unbelievable, so I shall have to type extra carefully....

I spoke to the garage today.... the garage owner is disputing the number of miles that were travelled as apparently he saw him "drive straight from maidstone, to the garage" - he clearly didnt watch it properly. Now, If I was an angry customer, would you want to throw petrol on the fire? I dont think so, if anything I would at least reassure the customer that I had followed through on a promise!!!

So along with that, he sent the loom back, and seems to be defending his employee and ignoring the facts... More info to gather and will send it to the police and take it from there.

So, the only conclusion to draw from that, he defends his employee and practice and most likely has not / will not be offering him a P45! so when I hear from the police I shall share the information and will then be looking to take the information to the local rag!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users