Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6.5 And 6000Cd Somehow Gained Bluetooth

volts

Ever since the fiesta returned from the garage its 6000CD radio has changed its behaviour. Almost gained something it never had.

Previously the mode button on the steering wheel stalk muted the radio (with a long press) and switched its modes with a short press. The phone button on the radio also muted the radio

Now the mode button gives us Voice which appears on the radio. Which self cancels itself with a voice prompt after about 30 seconds

As for the button on the radio that says No Phone when pressed. As if its expecting one. The manual for the system doesn't give a description only the behaviour we had previously.

Ideas???

Well by the sounds of it you've gained the functionality of the bluetooth functions without actually having the bluetooth parts! Haha

Just take it back and explain your case, it'll be a 5-10minute job for them :)

It may be that you car has had bluetooth/ voice control all along but was not working, depending on the work the garage carried out they may have disconected the battery and as a result reset the BVC module. Have you tried any voice commands or paired your phone?

Voice commands it says device please. I say phone it interprets it as dial number then it says phone not found command cancelled (in a rather shrill voice).

As for pairing any phone Logic says you hit the phone button on the radio then the Menu button but it doesn't seem to work (the menu button that is)

Anyhow. Does anyone happen to know if this is a microphone (for this bluetooth business) or a interior alarm sensor (I suspect the latter)

818caddc-37c8-4270-b2b9-6bb21e184667_zps

Also under the passenger seat is a box attached to its underside with a wire going from it which i understand is airbag related (as this is also mirrored on the drivers side) However on the passenger side there is a second wire coming from said box which leads under the carpet attached to what could be a bluetooth module prehaps

And finally Ford Etis states the car doesn't have bluetooth (i.e. Less Telephone prep system) but it does state it has a Voice Control Module British. Which to my mind would surely go hand in hand with a telephone system but useless on its own