Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bought New Dvd Player And A Big Help

ally frp

Bought a new Ford Fusion 7500 dvd player on eBay which came complete with a new mounting plate.

Bought the 6 bolts and 2 torx fittings required to mount plate as shown on Ford Parts department computer to roof of my Fusion.

Finally bought the loom that plus into dvd player and returns to the car loom.

Took off headliner tonight to find there is NO place to mount or attach mounting plate(mine is the face lift 2006 model) all thats there is the roof skin and 2 support bars.................. ARGH

Also my DVD player loom which I bought plugs into the 7500 dvd then as shows in Ford Parts dept that it plugs into a loom next to the drivers side rear light............. There is nothing there...............ARGH

Car is in bits.........

Nothing mounted.......

Nothing plugs in......

Can anyone help or shed any light at all? Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ally

Hi Ally,

Unfiortunately it sounds like this wont work for you, short of building your own crossbar to support the weight?

Have you spoken to your dealer yet? they might be able to help?

My dvd bracket

post-55832-0-04313600-1404379370_thumb.j

My new dvd 'support bar'

post-55832-0-94925600-1404379510_thumb.j

New support bracket in situ

post-55832-0-64528000-1404379608_thumb.j

Dvd player mounted in situ

post-55832-0-96984900-1404379722_thumb.j

post-55832-0-73960400-1404379729_thumb.j

I used expanding foam to fill end cavities and as an infill between the roof and the top of my sheathing ply support bar. During the curing process I propped up the centre so it would follow the contour of the roof. I wiped off excess foam after about an hour so it could easily be removed.

I haven't included a final photo as I forgot to take one but as it stands its basically the last photo but with the headlining back in place. The Ford Dvd loom was plugged into place and returned into the rear drivers light quarter behind carpet. This is where Ford originally had a connection point for my multi plug but unfortunately there is nothing there on mine. The Loom has 6 wires a far cry from the 2 live's and earth that I would need to power up unit but am unsure what they are all for.

The seller I had bought unit off of had said to wire unit up to the rear passengers courtesy light as you lose this facility as dvd player is mounted in this position.

Can anyone one help me with the wiring? What are they all for etc?

I am at a bit of a standstill at the moment. The dealer is useless as there parts program is quite vague.

Thanks again.

Ally

Looks great tbh.. You did a good job on it! Fair play to you sir

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

Looks great tbh.. You did a good job on it! Fair play to you sir

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

Thanks

looks good just need it to turn on now! lol

Ally

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to turn it on? Have you wired it up?

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

If you'd like to send me a picture of the wiring do. For the DVD player/ Sat Nav that was in mine there was the power,neutral, antenna, dimmer wire (night time driving), handbrake wire and many more.. I didn't have to use a lot of them!

Just to turn it on? Have you wired it up?

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.

Help to turn on and to get it wired up.

I have dvd is Situ as shown in photo and have the wiring assembly plugged into DVD unit at the dvd end but have no where for the other end of the multi plug to go so it is NOT wired up yet.

If you'd like to send me a picture of the wiring do. For the DVD player/ Sat Nav that was in mine there was the power,neutral, antenna, dimmer wire (night time driving), handbrake wire and many more.. I didn't have to use a lot of them!

That is exactly what I am after any help would be very much appreciated. Can't even remember now how many wires there were 6?? maybe 8??

Thank you very much

Ally

No hassle :)

Send a few pictures to mikecoughlan@myself.com

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.