Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Front Screen Fault!

Scott.D

Hello! I have a fiesta Zetec mk6 (55). The front heated windscreen has parts that don't work, anyone know how to resolve this or is a complete new screen needed?(if so, how much are they)

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using the Ford OC app. Scott Daddy

You can check the terminals behind the A-pillar trims for damage, there should be a 10mm bolt holding the earth terminal at the top, and a blade connector at the bottom if I recall correctly.

You could also measure resistance in the screen on each side to see if you have an open circuit indicating failure of the heating elements. If there is no visual damage but an open circuit, then I imagine replacment is the only option.

The individual element wires are broken, you used to be able to buy a conductive paint that you could repair the breaks with. I don't think that's an option nowadays because of the design, so replacement of the screen will probably be your only option.

I had this on my Focus a few years back. After removing the scuttle panel and looking at the connections, we identified that the heated screen ribbon had come away from the connector, snapped clean off. As such with a bit of tin foil and solder, the guy from the windscreen replacement just soldered it all up and connected it and it was workiong perfectly!