Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What To Buy For My Car To Make A Better Sound?:s

ashleymount95

Looking to make my zs make a better sound without fitting a massive exhaust or spending a lot of money? Ideas on what to buy/links? Was thinking a new air filter?:s

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Ashley, a new air filter may help but to be honest theres little else you can do without a new exhaust!

I don't want a big sound change I mean I don't want to be going round like one of them 207 Chavs what you can here the over side of town pulling away! but ok I don't no apt about engines so fort id best ask but if They's no point then I'm not to bother!:)

lol, well some say that if you get the upgraded filter it can change the note (something like a K&N) some say its barely noticeable, some say it was worth it!

TO be honest a decent filter is always a good thing, but just give it a crack is the best advice :p

Don't want to spend money for nothing tho as I'm saving for new alloys to!

in which case you wont be able to do much matey :) K&N filter is the cheapest and easiest place to start.

I will give that a try then when pay day come! Cheer mate!:)

Pop and Bang Overrun Map, will make all the 207 Chavs well Jel.

Erm what the hell is that? and how much?

Not sure on the newer cars but a good K&N panel filter and drilled airbox made my RS2000 sound good.

Its a remap, it makes the ECU send a tiny amount of fuel through after you've come off the throttle and it then ignites off the manifold and gives a epic pop, bang and crackling.

Any decent tuner can make one for you but you'll need to do the leg work on costs.

Put into YT Clio 182 Decat pop and bang

there will be loads on the of little clios spitting fire out the back of them and terrorising the streets. truly heroic stuff.

Its a remap, it makes the ECU send a tiny amount of fuel through after you've come off the throttle and it then ignites off the manifold and gives a epic pop, bang and crackling.

Any decent tuner can make one for you but you'll need to do the leg work on costs.

Put into YT Clio 182 Decat pop and bang

there will be loads on the of little clios spitting fire out the back of them and terrorising the streets. truly heroic stuff.

Or a load of eejits making a lot of noise

• Like 1

I found when I changed my air filter( just replaced the standard one) I was getting a bit more of a grunt from acceleration.

Turns out I had not put the housing back on properly. Lol.

That was free. Albeit a new filter. Lol

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

What I couldn't do there FOCA was insert a get ready for sarcasm post emblem or something.

It's well proven world wide that anyone who gets the pop and bang maps..... get's rid of them pretty quickly ( or the overfuelling causes borewash and kills the cat and piston rings )