Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium Bluetooth

mrtugboat

Hi all,

Just a question. I have a 4 year old fiesta. It is a lovely car to drive. i thought i had everything sussed out but just have a question about a couple of things. Firstly, the bluetooth system in the car, i have synced my iPhone 5 to it. I played my music by clicking on the Aux button until i get to the wifi looking symbol and this plays music. Is there a way to actually access my songs though it? Like seeing them or does it just play the last thing playlist i had open on my phone?

Also, my partner has just brought a newer Fiesta, a 2013 one. when she gets back into the car, the music starts to play instantly from the sync from her phone from were she last had it playing. Should this also be enabled on my car?

I hope all this makes sense, any help would be brilliant.

Also, when i unlock my car, my side mirrors make a funny noise. Is this normal? I took our extra warranty and all this is covered, just wanted to know if i should take it back and get it all checked out?

Thanks in advance.

You need USB to access playlists / album / artist info

All BT does is play what you currently have selected on the device and skip tracks, that's about it.

Best thing to do is get a USB stick / small HDD and keep it permanently connected, will have full functionality that way.

Although annoyingly when selecting by artist it splits them up, so if you pick an artist the next stage is album level, it will then only display tracks from that artist on that album only, if on that album the artist is listed as having someone else on there it will be excluded and another Artist will be created as a duo with the other artist. not sure if that makes sense but at artist level I have one album divided up 7 times with a track or two each making it pointless.

Also lists them Alphabetically too rather than by track number which is rage worthy.

and for the music to start playing straight away the music player on the device needs to be active still, I assume she has an Android? if I keep playmusic as a live program but track paused it will play when I get back in the car, if I close the app when I get out of the car it will not.

Unsure how this would affect an iPhone as you cannot keep the app running without playing something iirc.

Hi mate,

Thanks for that, looks like we are both from sunny old Berkshire :)

Nah, the missus has a iPhone too, her car is a 2013 model, so didnt know if this made much difference in terms of how the cars work. For example yesterday we tested it. She was in her her car on the way home playing her music, when she got in she used it to call someone then when we went back out, as soon as she turned her car on, the music was playing from were she left off. Although she was using Spotify and may have had the App open.

I went outside and done the same, played my music, turned the car off, back on and it worked. Tried it again and kept it off a bit longer but this time it didnt work.

any other tips you can give buddy? Seems like you know a lot about the fiesta :)

The time delay will have some impact on that test you've done, if you turn the engine off the stereo unit will work for a while as normal but after a while it shuts off automatically or until when locked via the remote and or door is opened ( opening the door on mine kills all Aux's when engine is turned off ) but I have had times where I've shut the engine off and started again and even the nav unit came on again straight away as I didn't open the door.

try her phone in her car without Spotify, I've never used the program so can't comment on how it works, although I'd imagine it being the same thing, if the program is live and running as soon as it picks up a BT connection it'll divert from speaker / headphone to the BT output ( car Speakers )

Personally I'd just take the hit on a USB stick, they aren't a lot of money for a 32GB+ and save you all the hassle, sound quality is far better via USB and louder, on mine via BT I have to have the volume at level 22 for it to be notably good compared to the radio at level 6 and USB at level say 10.

Where abouts in Berks are you?

Okay mate, thanks for the advice on that, i am going out for lunch in a minute and ill give that a go.

Oh, another question, i got my car second hand, i tried to call my mum from the voice control this morning and it sounded like a young girls voice confirmed the call mum bit. Does this mean this is the

previous users contacts and if I did call, it would have called her mum?? Is there
a way I can change all this?

I am from the sunny town of Bracknell

unsure actually, it does download the phonebook but unsure if you pair another phone if it overwrites it or not, it should do, be stupid if it doesn't but it's a Ford and wouldn't surprise me.

haha, thanks mate, think ill contact the ford gagarge and get them to answer some of my questions. See if they can advise about upgrading the firmware on my on-board computer too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club