Photo

Fitting Focus St225 Calipers On My Mk3 Mondeo?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: J.D.
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2005

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am making headway.  I picked up two reman Bosch calipers today from a local parts store (200 Euro, Ouch!).  I bought new Mintex discs and rotors from this ebay vendor:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2559

They should arrive here by Friday or Monday.  Then I'll set aside time next week to put all the shiny new parts on.  I do want to paint the rotor hats so they don't rust.  I am considering doing the same for the calipers, but they have a chrome-like finish on them now.  My concern is if for some reason they are not right, I doubt I can return painted calipers.  But I also want to stave off corrosion in the future.  However, the max I am likely to own this car is 2 more years, so I will likely be fine as will the next owner for several years.

As for the actual R&R, is there a trick to keep the brake lines from seeping while the hose is disconnected from the old caliper?  Would make it easier to bleed.  

Speaking of which - I need brake fluid...Should have picked that up with Calipers.  A good salesman...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

You can pinch the brake hose with mole grips, while it is disconnected , there is a specific sequence for bleeding, but if you do that you dont need to go through it and just need to bleed the caliper you changed  

#18 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Ahh, yes.  Good idea!  I've done that while out 4x4ing and we tore a brake line loose!

That way I can feel fairly confident that I only have to bleed the replaced calipers.

#19 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

I got all the new stuff installed today.  It stops straight and without shaking my arms to death!  I can't wait for the pads to bed in so I can get better grip!  

Thanks for all the help!

#20 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

Just wanted to post one last update, but first, thanks again for all the help,  You guys have improved the quality of my life and of our safety!  The new rotors and pads are working great and there appears to be less brake dust from them!  Also, no noise.  Nothing drives me more crazy than squealing brakes!  I hope this is the last time I have to deal with this!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users