Photo

Fitting Focus St225 Calipers On My Mk3 Mondeo?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: J.D.
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2005

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am making headway.  I picked up two reman Bosch calipers today from a local parts store (200 Euro, Ouch!).  I bought new Mintex discs and rotors from this ebay vendor:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2559

They should arrive here by Friday or Monday.  Then I'll set aside time next week to put all the shiny new parts on.  I do want to paint the rotor hats so they don't rust.  I am considering doing the same for the calipers, but they have a chrome-like finish on them now.  My concern is if for some reason they are not right, I doubt I can return painted calipers.  But I also want to stave off corrosion in the future.  However, the max I am likely to own this car is 2 more years, so I will likely be fine as will the next owner for several years.

As for the actual R&R, is there a trick to keep the brake lines from seeping while the hose is disconnected from the old caliper?  Would make it easier to bleed.  

Speaking of which - I need brake fluid...Should have picked that up with Calipers.  A good salesman...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

You can pinch the brake hose with mole grips, while it is disconnected , there is a specific sequence for bleeding, but if you do that you dont need to go through it and just need to bleed the caliper you changed  

#18 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Ahh, yes.  Good idea!  I've done that while out 4x4ing and we tore a brake line loose!

That way I can feel fairly confident that I only have to bleed the replaced calipers.

#19 jesus_man

jesus_man

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

I got all the new stuff installed today.  It stops straight and without shaking my arms to death!  I can't wait for the pads to bed in so I can get better grip!  

Thanks for all the help!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users